Christmas Tipping
  Re: (...)
Should you tip a great fishmonger or butcher at Christmas? I have a butcher who has dry aged beef for me three times this year and cut into steaks and roasts, and is now doing a 12 bone, Frenched, crown roast of pork (tied), really charging only for the meat--I think I should give a Christmas tip--if you agree, how much?
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Christmas Tipping by Old Bay (Should you tip a gre...)
Funny, I just heard a radio show talk about this. They were taking off from an article they read online. I'll try to look for it, but I want to say this level was about 15% (I'm guessing the total cost of the meat you have purchased, maybe?)

Actually, I think I found it: Holiday Tipping
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Christmas Tipping by Gourmet_Mom (Funny, I just heard ...)
I would tip him. I think 15% sounds about right. I'm giving my produce guy a jar of brandied cherries, as he would always tell me when fruit was going on sale during canning season. He saved me a lot of money.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Christmas Tipping by Lorraine (I would tip him. I ...)
or if he/she is a drinker a nice bottle of champagne or wine.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Christmas Tipping by cjs (or if he/she is a dr...)
You should read this blog: Waiter Rant

http://waiterrant.net/

He wrote a great book that really opened my eyes. Yeah, you should definitely tip your meat guy, he sounds like a treasure. Good ones are truly hard to find!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Christmas Tipping by BarbaraS (You should read this...)
Quote:

You should read this blog: Waiter Rant

http://waiterrant.net/

He wrote a great book that really opened my eyes. Yeah, you should definitely tip your meat guy, he sounds like a treasure. Good ones are truly hard to find!

Barbara

GREAT blog--should be required reading for all of us (just get thru the "colorful" first blog)--the 2nd one is quite informative, and the others are quite funny and should give you pause, making you consider consequences of your public behavior.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".