Ramon Girl
  Re: (...)
This was a cute movie Now I am looking into making my own.
First I'll have to get some styrofoam cups just kidding
I think I'll try a seafood broth. The movie makes you realize cooking is more of a sacred ritual. My eyes have been opened.
Anyone here ever do their own ramen??
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Ramon Girl by farnfam (This was a cute movi...)
Never tried, but this movie sounds like a good complement to Tampopo - a "Ramen-Noodle Western" that's kind of part Shane and part A Fistful of Dollars, but also contains some shocking/surprising elements where you wouldn't want to have the kids watching. Despite (or maybe because of) its quirkiness, it's considered one of the "must-see" food-related movies, but (as mentioned before) is not for everyone.

Tampopo makes ramen seem like a ritual, too, so it will be interesting to see how The Ramen Girl compares.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Ramon Girl by labradors (Never tried, but thi...)
I'm so lost here, better go check out the movie section of the paper....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Ramon Girl by cjs (I'm so lost here, be...)
I'm with Jean...I'm totally lost here. Off to check....
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Ramon Girl by Gourmet_Mom (I'm with Jean...I'm ...)
It's an older movie, I got it from NetFlix. You could probbly rent it.
I started a fish broth and I'm working on the ramen noodles now. Smells good so far
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Ramon Girl by farnfam (It's an older movie,...)
I did it! Not too bad for a first attempt. The noodles came out fine, no problem, I used my pasta queen. The fish broth was ok, but not great. Not sure what was missing, the recipes I found were pretty general. Maybe I'll get some Nori to add next time. And I don't think I'll use fish again, chicken or pork more likely.
......Also, I think it's better to have Japanese music playing to help achieve the ritual effect
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Ramon Girl by farnfam (I did it! Not too ba...)
Gee, Cis....what are you serving with this? I'm thinking a seafood broth with shellfish and/or clams broth would be more to my liking...or chicken as you mentioned.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Ramon Girl by Gourmet_Mom (Gee, Cis....what are...)
This is a bit of a coincidence, I am making the Japanese soup from the new crockpot cookbook tonight. I had to adjust to make it stove top since I don't have my crockpot with me. The broth is fabulous, Cis, you may work from those ingredients.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Ramon Girl by chef_Tab (This is a bit of a c...)
OOOoo, thanks Theresa! That looks good, have to lose the taters tho' and use the ramen noodles instead.

Daph, I didn't really serve anything with it, I just did it to kill time and have a tasty meal as Jame is working long hours today. So I just made a soup project for me. There's some broth leftover, so if I make noodles again tomorrow, Jame can have some.
Oh and I have to add, in the movie they told her she must put her emotions into her broth, she was heartbroken at the time and so her next successful broth made everyone cry. I cut my finger prepping and so I put my pain into my broth LOL
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Ramon Girl by farnfam (I did it! Not too ba...)
Quote:

Also, I think it's better to have Japanese music playing to help achieve the ritual effect

Looks like it may be time to get out my CD of Kitaro's Kojiki.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?