Mega Mall Muffins
  Re: (...)
Issue 21

I have made the blueberry muffins many times---they are AWESOME!!! I even ordered the maple falvouring from Baker's Catalog for this recipe but have also used almond flavoring----great either way!!!

POINT???? I did the lemon rhubard yesterday---only because I have rhubarb and have been eyeing this recipe for a VERY long time.

These are great muffins and very easy to put together...what a nice breakfast they make!!! and also a dessert!!!

We do not have mega-mall muffins here--except at Mugg and Bean----they taste like sawdust-----

If you like light, tasty muffins that are the hit of the whatever---you will like these! Maybe for a holiday breakfast or snack???
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Mega Mall Muffins by Roxanne 21 (Issue 21[br][br]I ha...)
Roxanne, if and when you get a chance, I would love to have this recipe. YS just LOVES blueberries. All the kids love muffins! What a nice treat to have for breakfast on Christmas morning. Is the batter such that I could make it ahead and have it ready in the fridge to pop in the oven do you think?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Mega Mall Muffins by Gourmet_Mom (Roxanne, if and when...)
Don't know about that recipe, but I always thought that the blueberry muffins from the Jordan Marsh department stores were the best. Jordan Marsh started in Boston and stayed mostly regional to New England, until they were absorbed by Burdines, and then, finally, by Macy's. Over the years, my mom tried a LOT of different blueberry muffin recipes to try to match the ones from Jordan Marsh, but nothing ever came close. Before the stores were gone, though, a New England newspaper printed the recipe for the muffins, and it has been the recipe I have used ever since.

Big Blues (Jordan Marsh Blueberry Muffins)
Makes 12 large or 18 regular size

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 1/4 cups sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 cups flour
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup reg. milk
  • 2 1/2 cups blueberries -divided (Out of season use frozen)
  • 2 tsp.sugar
Instructions:
  1. Cream butter and sugar on low speed until fluffy.
  2. Add eggs one at a time.
  3. Sift dry ingredients together, and add alternately with milk.
  4. Mash 1/2 cup blueberries and add to the mixture along with whole berries.
  5. Pour into muffin tins. (To get the large top effect like Jordan Marsh,
    you must pile the batter in muffin tins almost to the top. You have to
    grease tins well, also grease top of pan so when they spread they won't
    stick. (I prefer not to use muffin papers.) You can also make regular
    size, instead of large top effect.
  6. Sprinkle tops with sugar.
  7. Bake at 375F for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool 30 minutes.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Mega Mall Muffins by labradors (Don't know about tha...)
OMG Labs!! I'd hate to see the nutritional info on those!! I'll save the recipe but dang if I'm ever going to make them for me and the hubby!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Mega Mall Muffins by labradors (Don't know about tha...)
I remember saying this to Sharon one time about pancakes, I think and started WWIII - so here I go again. Here are the best Blueberry muffins in the whole wide world!!!

* Exported from MasterCook *

BLUEBERRY CREAM CHEESE MUFFINS
Serving Size : 12

2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 Pinch salt
3 oz. cream cheese -- cubed
2 tsp. lemon juice
2 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
4 T. hot (160-180 degrees) melted butter
1/2 cup milk
1 cup blueberries

Turn on oven to 350 and place rack in middle position.

Put flour, sugar, baking powder and soda, and salt in bowl, stir well & set aside.

Using metal blade in Food processor, process cream cheese, lemon juice, and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs & process 15 seconds.

Clean sides of container. With machine running, pour hot butter through chute within 10 seconds and process 10 seconds; add milk & process 5 seconds.

Add dry ingredients and mix 4-6 half-second pulses. Add blueberries & mix until all incorporated in batter, 3-4 half-second pulses.

Pour into muffin cups 3/4 Full. Bake 30 min. & cool on rack 15 minutes.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

O.K., let me have it, but they are wonderful!

____
I just ran across the error in this recipe "1/2 cup milk" was repeated. Now it has been deleted. The recipe is correct as it shows now. Sorry to anyone whom might have already tried it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Mega Mall Muffins by cjs (I remember saying th...)
Oh dear...now I'll have to try them all and decide. I sure hope the neighbors are here!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.