Vicci - Pink Sauce Q
  Re: (...)
Vicci,

I have all the ingredients to your Pink Sauce ready, but I have a question - Do you put an immersion blender stick to the sauce, or does it really "cook down" to something less than chunky.

The reason why I ask is because I bought Roma tomatoes because I always use them for a sauce base.

And also, how do you julienne your basile leaves? (I rolled them all up stemwise side and cut crosswise wrong? let me know!)

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Vicci - Pink Sauce Q by BarbaraS (Vicci,[br][br]I have...)
Vicci will have to answer the first question - have not made the sauce yet, but as to the second question. Julienned basil is done by rolling up the long side toward you and roll away, then thinly slice the leaf.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Vicci - Pink Sauce Q by cjs (Vicci will have to a...)
Barbara, I apologize if this is too late but I do not use an immersion blender. The sauce will be pink, but there will be pieces of red tomato (and green basil) in it. So, yes, the sauce does cook down. I used the Campari brand fresh tomatoes and, after chopping, let them drain a bit in a colander before using.

I tend to do a form of julienning when preparing all fresh herbs, I just roll everything together and slice (then chop further, if needed)

Let me know if you like the sauce.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Vicci - Pink Sauce Q by foodfiend (Barbara, I apologize...)
Vicci,

It was WONDERFUL!!

I did take an immersion blender to it because it was chunky, but oh so good!!

Next time we do these raviolis, I'm going to try the Basil Cream sauce to see how that goes.

Thanks for the recipe!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Vicci - Pink Sauce Q by BarbaraS (Vicci,[br][br]It was...)
>>>>>Stomps off in disgust mumbling, "NO Wegmens or Trader Joes"<<<<<<

Well, I guess I could make my own. Maybe that could be my Thanksgiving Break ravioli experiment! Surely one or two lobster tails would make PLENTY of ravioli! Okay! Now for a recipe....HMMMMM?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Vicci - Pink Sauce Q by Gourmet_Mom (>>>>>Stomps off in d...)
Barbara, I'm so glad that you liked the sauce. I did make it a few times with lowfat half-and-half (so I could enjoy it more often) and it's still tasted pretty darn good.

Daphne, I buy my lobster ravioli at an Italian store in Pittsburgh. Would there be any of those in your area? Also, I have seen lobster ravioli at Sam's Club.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
  Re: Re: Vicci - Pink Sauce Q by foodfiend (Barbara, I'm so glad...)
Vicci, there is NO way there is an Italian store. I am lucky Wilmington has a Asian/Hispanic store there. But I WILL be going to Sam's before the break is over. I'll check there. Wish me luck! If not, I'm not really averse to making my own. It would be a fun adventure for my cooking break.

I still can't believe I have SIX WHOLE DAYS! That's two for T'day and FOUR to play! If Sam's doesn't have the pre-made, I KNOW they have the lobster tails, so I'll get those and make my own!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Vicci - Pink Sauce Q by Gourmet_Mom (Vicci, there is NO w...)
Go for it, Daphne! It would probably be a bit time consuming, but you seem to have a few days to "play".

I can eat lobster ravioli because it's already made, but I can't eat a tail or whole lobster because... ewwwww, I just can't! Just like I'm fine with fish fillets, but give me a whole fish and, well, it just would not be a good thing. I have considered becoming a vegetarian, but my grandparents were in the poultry business and I grew up eating lost of chicken, capon, and turkey. And eggs. It's in my genetic makeup-- I just couldn't do without these things!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
  Re: Re: Vicci - Pink Sauce Q by foodfiend (Go for it, Daphne! ...)
That is so funny! Because of your "choice" to eat SOME seafood and chicken, I forget about your "almost" vegetarian preference! I guess my story in the knife thread didn't help...LOL!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Vicci - Pink Sauce Q by Gourmet_Mom (That is so funny! B...)
Quote:

I guess my story in the knife thread didn't help...LOL!

I averted my eyes...
Vicci

my cooking adventures