What's for Dinner - Saturday 11/21
  Re: (...)
Whew, just realized tomorrow is our 41st anniversary!! Too broke to do much, but we do have good wine.

I have some leftover steak, so I'm making an Onion soup and add the steak and maybe a few noodles.

What are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner - Saturday 11/21 by cjs (Whew, just realized ...)
Well, heck Jean, you just celebrated for two weeks...LOL!

Crab Cakes! YEA!!! The pay check AND my holiday bonus hit the bank this morning! Since I'm "so rich" I think I may make these as appies and do one of the chowder recipes, too! Back to menu planning so I can get to the store!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Happy Anniversary, Jean. 41 years. Wow. We just had our 32nd. Time is sure flying.

Dinner tonight is Broiled Chicken Thighs with Chipotle Sauce, roasted potatoes and maybe a broccoli salad. Has to be something quick as my hubs is playing in a weekend long softball tournament so don't know when we'll get home.
Shannon
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Saturday 11/21 by Dismc (Happy Anniversary, J...)
Had the following in a bunch of copycat recipes that someone sent to me years ago. Have some chicken marinating in it right now.

Wicker's BBQ Sauce

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/4 cups Cider vinegar
  • 1 tsp. black pepper
  • 2 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 1/2 tsp. sugar
  • 4 tsp. chili powder
  • 1 tsp. dry mustard
  • 1 tsp. paprika
  • 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
Instructions:
  1. Combine all ingredients and cook for 5-10 minutes to dissolve spices.
  2. Use as a marinade and basting with your favorite BBQ recipe.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
Happy Anniversary!!!

We're having spaghetti. The sauce is simmering slowly, there's a new variety of no-knead bread, and I think a nice salad. Bob dug out a bottle of Brazin to go with.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Saturday 11/21 by Harborwitch (Happy Anniversary!!!...)
Tonight is C@H Wiener Schnitzle, issue #49. Hubbys request. He got home Thursday night and leaves again Monday morning . This is one of his/our favorites!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Saturday 11/21 by esgunn (Tonight is [url=mail...)
Happy anniversary to Jean and Roy.

We're having leftover Ancho rubbed flank, potato planks and the Ensalada de nochebuena with pomegranate-lime vinaigrette.

Then going dancing...
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Saturday 11/21 by HomeCulinarian (Happy anniversary to...)
"leaves again Monday morning" oh Erin, does that mean he won't be home for Thanksgiving???? What a bummer.

"Tonight is C@H Wiener Schnitzle, issue #49." don't remember this one, off to look!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Saturday 11/21 by cjs ("leaves again Monday...)
Happy Anniversary, Jean and Roy!

It's 6pm and I think I've decided-- chicken braised in apple cider with butternut squash chunks, and I'll get the oven going for roasted Brussels sprouts and maybe corn bread.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Saturday 11/21 by foodfiend (Happy Anniversary, J...)
Congrats Jean and Roy! Wow 41 years is just outstanding And for those that haven't met them you can tell that even after 41 years of marrige they still enjoy each others company

Once again it's the quest for the fried chicken Along with that will be roasted cauliflower and cheddar mash potatoes.