Apple-Rhubarb Pie recipe
  Re: (...)
I remember seeing an Apple-Rhubarb pie recipe in Cuisine at Home, but I can't find it. Could anyone point me to which issue it was in? Or better still, know if it's been posted online anywhere? I'm sure I saw it in the one of the issues I have, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

My mom made it for Thanksgiving last year (she's traveling right now and could only come up with "I think it was in a spring issue").

It was such a hit with my wife, I'd like to make it again this year for Thanksgiving at our house...

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

Vale,

JohnS
  Re: Apple-Rhubarb Pie recipe by cygnnus (I remember seeing an...)
There is a fairly new feature you may not be familiar with on the magazine website. If you click on Customer Service and log in using your customer number or email/mailing address info, you can access the recipe index found on the left navigation bar after you log in. This is my best guess:

Rhubarb-Apple Crisp

Cuisine at home No. 74 (April 2009), pages 42-43

A sparkling dessert that's a springtime jewel.

Wait, that can't be it...She wouldn't have been able to make this last Thanksgiving! There was also:

Rhubarb Tart

Cuisine No. 21 (June 2000), pages 22-24

Spring is the time for rhubarb but not another mushy pie. Here is a ricotta tart with rhubarb that you can actually recognize and taste. The secret is in the poaching!

If you don't have this issue, I could type it in for you. (Edited to add, I can't type the second one up, I don't have it.)

I will say that the one drawback of the online index is that it does not include recipe from special issues. I could flip through mine to check if you think she would have gotten it from one of those. I have most of them.

BTW, Welcome to the forum. I hope you look around and decide to hang out with us. There are some really nice talented people on here. We all love to cook, especially [Email]C@H[/Email] recipes!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Apple-Rhubarb Pie recipe by cygnnus (I remember seeing an...)
Welcome to the forum!! I don't think this is it but it's the closest I could find tonight. Rhubarb Apple Crisp, Issue 74, April 09. Page 43. It would not be out for last years Thanksgiving!! I'll look somemore tomorrow!! (Sounds good though).

OOPS-Daphne and I posted at the same time--great minds, same conclusion!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Apple-Rhubarb Pie recipe by Gourmet_Mom (There is a fairly ne...)
Thanks! My memory must be failing and the pie must have been for some other occasion than Thanksgiving! Perhaps a birthday? Guess I was just rooted in a Thanksgiving mind-set. I'm about 99% sure that Apple-Rhubarb Crisp recipe was it though.

Thanks also for the pointer on the recipe index. I tried to find something like that, but never would have thought to check under "Customer Service" first...

Am I missing something, though, in that there's just an index and no actual recipe there? I just flipped though my copy of Feb 09 (No 73), but can't find Apr 09 (74). Ah, just re-read your posting. So no recipe in the index... Drat.

I'd hate to ask you to take the time to type it all out. At least I have something to go on and now I just have to find the issue. It's gotta be around somewhere!

Thanks again for your help!

Vale,

JohnS
  Re: Re: Apple-Rhubarb Pie recipe by cygnnus (Thanks! My memory m...)
I'm about to sign off, but if you can wait until tomorrow, I'd be glad to type it up for you...unless someone gets to it before I do. This is a VERY helpful caring group. By the time I get back on tomorrow, there will probably be several on that can and will type it up for you. Like I said, you ought to hang around, this is a really great group! I'm sure Bill and Labs would LOVE to add another guy to the regular ranks. Although, most of us have significant others that participate in an indirect way...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Apple-Rhubarb Pie recipe by Gourmet_Mom (There is a fairly ne...)
Hah! Found my copy of No 74 with the recipe! That's the one.

Thanks for all the help! Now to see if I can track down some out of season rhubarb!

Thanks again!

Vale,

JohnS
  Re: Re: Apple-Rhubarb Pie recipe by Gourmet_Mom (I'm about to sign of...)
Thanks for the offer. I actually just found my copy of the magazine (in a stack of magazines under an end table!) and that's the recipe.

Thanks again for the help!

Vale,

JohnS
  Re: Re: Apple-Rhubarb Pie recipe by cygnnus (Thanks for the offer...)
Very good! I'm glad you found your issue, John. We're glad we could help out!

BTW, John, you may want to check out the two recent Rhubarb threads on here. Some of the members have had great success with some other Rhubarb recipes for pie. I can't remember if either were C@H recipes, but I would think they'd be worth checking out. We live to review recipes on here! Speaking of which, we'd love to have your review of this recipe added to our recipe files!

The first Thanksgiving disaster averted! SCORE! Bill, we make a good team!
  Re: Re: Apple-Rhubarb Pie recipe by Gourmet_Mom (Very good! I'm glad...)
Ditto Girl--I enjoy working with you!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".