What's for Dinner Monday Nov 16??
  Re: (...)
After some not so good weather days, we have another little batch of Indian Summer here. We are going for one (maybe last) canoe ride when James comes home from work.
So... I'm making a meatloaf in my crockpot. I never imagined such a thing Hope it comes out well
What are you all doing??
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: What's for Dinner Monday Nov 16?? by farnfam (After some not so go...)
Cis, you are really enjoying the crockpot, aren't you?? That's great. and a canoe ride - have fun, sounds so relaxing.

No plans yet, hopefully if we go out for the last time in Hawaii, we'll go to 12th St.Grill again (where I had that fantastic timbale)

Last night, Sonja learned to make pizzas two ways - one, the pepperoni we did on the grill and the other, Reuben in the oven. so, she's all set to make them herself now.

P.S. Don't laugh, but it's been so long since I've made pizza dough by hand, but Sonja doesn't have a mixer, so did it that way and I had forgotten how fast it is. And nicer texture also, maybe I'll go back to being mother earth again for a while.

We also had Drunken Root Beer Floats - ended up neighbors here, so we had dessert first, then the pizzas. Darn near got to the point of... PIZZA?? What pizza?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner Monday Nov 16?? by farnfam (After some not so go...)
You know a note on crock pots:

I have a friend, who is a baker at a local grocery story, she proofs her bread loaves in the crock pot. I haven't tried it yet. But your post and Jean's post reminded me of this technique.

I think I will try this today. I will let you know how it goes.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Monday Nov 16?? by luvnit (You know a note on c...)
I wound up making chicken parmesan last night and made enough for tonight too. Asparagus, salad and garlic bread too.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Monday Nov 16?? by Trixxee (I wound up making ch...)
Very cool, Laura, be sure to let us know how it goes, and the method too

The meatloaf is smelling pretty good right now...who knew??
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Monday Nov 16?? by farnfam (Very cool, Laura, be...)
Meatloaf in a crockpot???? Now ain't that interesting!!!!! How about sharing how to do that, Cis---PLEASE!

As mentioned---Peter has no appetite soooo I went for a soup tonight---homemade minestrone with grilled cheese sandwiches.......again. At least he eats something!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Monday Nov 16?? by Roxanne 21 (Meatloaf in a crockp...)
Will do, Rox, I'll post how to do it if it turns out well, which it appears it's going to
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Monday Nov 16?? by farnfam (Will do, Rox, I'll p...)
Oh my, my favorite I think - meatloaf sandwiches (AND WITH MIRACLE WHIP, MR. LABS, SIR!! and iceberg lettuce, oh so crisp.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Monday Nov 16?? by farnfam (Will do, Rox, I'll p...)
Well Cis made me hungry for meatloaf, so meatloaf it is! I am sad, did not bring the crock pot with me so I am making those fabulous meatloaf muffins from one of the weeknight menu books. I plan to make some roasted carrots on the side, and haven't decided on what else.

Big news is my daughter found out she is expecting a boy! This will be my first grandbaby. I just have to tell everyone.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Monday Nov 16?? by chef_Tab (Well Cis made me hun...)
It is monday night football - so of course it is pizza.

Cis - please share if it works out.

Theresa, CONGRATULATIONS! The gift buying begins!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.