Lobster Ravioli Q
  Re: (...)
Hey Folks!!

I can't/won't log in at work anymore, the Internet Police are everywhere, so forgive my meager participation as of late.

I hit Wegman's after work today to pick up a couple kosher chickies (Empire brand - awesome!) for "40 Cloves of Garlic and a Chicken" tomorrow night. Then I figured some ravioli and meatballs for Sunday night and found some lobster-filled raviolis in the frozen food section and since I've never had them, I bought a package along with a 5-cheese package.

Question - what kind of sauce would you serve with a lobster ravioli? Traditional red or some kind of blush or vodka cream?

Thanks in advance.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Lobster Ravioli Q by BarbaraS (Hey Folks!![br][br]I...)
We had lobster ravioli a while back and for the life of me I can't remember what we used - though I assume it was homemade marinara.

Anyway, here's someone else asking the question. The very last post talking about orange, cognac, tomato, tarragon, etc. sounds really good to me.

http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/327019
  Re: Re: Lobster Ravioli Q by Trixxee (We had lobster ravio...)
Vicci was trying to figure out what to use for those at her Anniversary party a while back. I'll see if I can find the thread.

Here's the first one: Need Pasta Sauce Ideas

And here's her report on the party: Coming Down From a Month of Entertaining
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Lobster Ravioli Q by Gourmet_Mom (Vicci was trying to ...)
Super easy and super good - brown butter and sage over the raviolis.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Lobster Ravioli Q by BarbaraS (Hey Folks!![br][br]I...)
I had some lobster ravioli several years ago. I got it at Sam's club. The pasta was red and white stripes. It was really pretty. We loved it and it was quite a treat. It had the wonderful delicate, sweet taste that seafood should have. I found a pic (not mine, someone's blog).

[Image: lobsterravioli.jpg]

I thought lobster deserved 'butter' so I made a garlic butter sauce. But then, I am more partial to cream and butter sauces anyway.

The above photo (from someone's blog) came with a suggested sauce of Lemon Tarragon Cream Sauce

Here are their directions:

For the sauce: Saute minced shallots in butter, then add white wine and reduce. Add chopped tarragon and lemon juice. To finish, whisk in creme fraiche and season to taste with sea salt and fresh ground pepper.

For anyone who is inclined, the blog is:

Taste With Your Eyes Blogspot
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Lobster Ravioli Q by luvnit (I had some lobster r...)
I'd go with either a cognac sauce or a red-pepper coulis.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Lobster Ravioli Q by labradors (I'd go with either a...)
Lol that is one of my signature dishes and I serve it with a basil cream sauce.
  Re: Re: Lobster Ravioli Q by DFen911 (Lol that is one of m...)
Oh my...Basil Cream Sauce.....YUM! Denise, that just sounds so...ME! I may just have to buy me some shrimp this weekend and make it with this! Why haven't I already thought of this?!?! Wouldn't some buttery pine nuts be a great garnish?!?!?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Lobster Ravioli Q by Gourmet_Mom (Oh my...Basil Cream ...)
Daphne, I have to start "playing" with the search feature and figure out how to do it!

I looked up the anniversary party menu (wow, 11 months ago!) and saw that I used Pink Sauce, which is basically a tomato-basil-cream sauce and was very easy:

Pink Sauce

1/4 cup olive oil
9 medium cloves garlic, finely chopped
6 ripe tomatoes, chopped
10 fresh basil leaves, julienned
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup fresh-grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and fresh-ground black pepper, to taste

In a nonreactive heavy skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté garlic about 3 minutes, or just until it begins to color a bit; don't let it burn. Add tomatoes, basil and cream, bring to a simmer, reduce heat to medium-low and let sauce reduce about 2 minutes. Stir in Parmesan cheese until it melts and season with salt and pepper. Don't let sauce boil after adding cheese or it will get stringy. (You can make this a day ahead and reheat over low heat or in a double boiler.)

I have since made the lobster ravioli with a browned-butter sauce, too, and it was very good but the flavor of the lobster really went well with the tomato-cream.

The photo that Laura posted reminded me of the time I made green-and-white striped pasta for Christmas dinner. I cut the pasta into squares, filled with ricotta, then rolled each piece up and twisted the ends (like wrapped candy). It was spectacular, but back then I didn't think about things like this and I served it with marinara! The red tomato sauce completely covered my pretty little pastas! If I could go back (it must have been 15-20 years ago) I would have either used a butter sauce or, better yet, sauced the plate and arranged the pastas on top. Live and learn, don't we?!?!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Lobster Ravioli Q by DFen911 (Lol that is one of m...)
Oh Denise, Basil Cream Sauce sounds simply divine! Very nice.

I vote for this one!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura