Bourbon Salmon
  Re: (...)
I don't know where I got this recipe, probably a magazine in a waiting room somewhere since it's hand-scrawled on a scrap of paper and has been stuck in my notebook for a very long time. I try to remember this for those "late" evenings...

I made this for dinner last night at the end of a very busy day and wanted to share because it was incredibly quick and very good, too.

BOURBON SALMON
serves 2

2 salmon fillets
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon brown sugar
about 1/3 cup bourbon

Heat oil a skillet, add salmon top-side-down to brown for about 3 minutes.

Turn heat to low, carefully turn fish. Sprinkle in sugar and stir a little until dissolved. Carefully add bourbon. Shake the pan a bit to settle everything, then turn up the heat a little and cover partially. Cook for 3 minutes. Remove lid and cook for another minute or until done.

Serve over individual portions of steamed rice, drizzle remaining sauce over. Season with s & p as desired.

I served steamed broccoli with this, and it took maybe 20 minutes to make the entire meal. Cooking the rice takes the most time, so start it first.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Bourbon Salmon by foodfiend (I don't know where I...)
Thanks Vicci! I am always looking for new salmon ideas. I think I will try this one tomorrow with quinoa.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Bourbon Salmon by chef_Tab (Thanks Vicci! I am a...)
That sounds really good, Vicci. I like the combination of brown sugar and salmon. My BIL does it with cajun spices mixed with the sugar, I'll have to give the bourbon a try.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Bourbon Salmon by Lorraine (That sounds really g...)
I'm sure Lorraine and I both jumped in when we saw this one!! Sounds wonderful!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Bourbon Salmon by cjs (I'm sure Lorraine an...)
Thanks Vicci! We kinda got burnt out on salmon a while back, but this, as well as another I can't remember, may bring us back. I like the flavors, but I particularly like a school night recipe that can be done in the time it takes to cook rice!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Bourbon Salmon by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks Vicci! We ki...)
wow! I made this for dinner tonight with quinoa and roasted brussel sprouts(thank you Erin!) What a fabulous dinner. The only changes I made was to to season the salmon with salt,pepper,and cayenne before cooking. I think I will double the sauce portion next time because it was that good! Thanks again Vicci!
Theresa

Re: Re: Bourbon Salmon by chef_Tab (wow! I made this for...)
I better bookmark this one too!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Bourbon Salmon by cjs (I better bookmark th...)
Glad you liked it, Theresa. DH also requested that there be more sauce next time (to drizzle over the rice and the salmon both). And I did season the fillet with s&p (forgot to write that one down!) but the cayenne was a very good addition. I'll have to note it.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Bourbon Salmon by foodfiend (Glad you liked it, T...)
Vicci, just thought I would let you know, that I have made this a few times now because it is so wonderful and easy. The last time I made it, I did not have enough bourbon so I subbed in half dark rum. It was even better! Knowing your preference for rum, you may want to try it too!
Theresa

Re: Re: Bourbon Salmon by chef_Tab (Vicci, just thought ...)
I usually a a bourbon & club soda cocktail before dinner, so I have bourbon salmon, chicken, whatever.

Sally