sort of OT- rude customer service
  Re: (...)
I was trying to renew three subscriptions to C@H online and was having difficulty so I called the customer service number. I explained the situation to the representative who took my call and asked her if she would review my address (since I had just moved) while she was in my account. Her attitude was very curt, as though I were interrupting something important and "how dare I bother her with my silly questions". I was taken aback by her abrasive tone. I don't know if it is because I am so used to all the friendliness on the forum, or if I myself treat people with kindness and respect, but I never cease to be amazed at the horrible customer service I seem to find nearly everywhere. I just had to vent.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: sort of OT- rude customer service by chef_Tab (I was trying to rene...)
As Clark Howard would call it, "Customer no service."
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: sort of OT- rude customer service by labradors (As Clark Howard woul...)
Hopefully, you just got the one bad nut or they were having a bad day. I think my interaction with CS was online. I was renewing and had an opportunity to get a gift subscription. I needed to renew before mine ran out, so I contacted them with my dilemma....I didn't have time to mail it in with the gift offer. They asked me to post her address and they'd take care of it...easy!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: sort of OT- rude customer service by labradors (As Clark Howard woul...)
Situations such as this one really burn me up, too. I have found that, in recent years, I tend to give my business over and over to those companies who have shown great customer service. If I get even one salesperson with a bad attitude, it's difficult for me to go back there again (and this goes for telephone customer reps, too!).

Poor Theresa. Have a nice cold beer (it's after 5!!!) and realize that the customer service person is just a big ol' nasty crab!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: sort of OT- rude customer service by foodfiend (Situations such as t...)
I agree with Vicci. I do my best to stay away from companies that treat me rudely. My experience with C@H phone subscription was the opposite. I wanted to renew and had checked prices to see what was the best deal. I then called and just asked the question. They were very helpful and I ended up getting a 2 year. So hopefully you got someone on a bad day and she was not representative of the entire staff. I am finding the older I get, the less patience I have with rudeness or incompetence, so now first I call them on it and if I don't get an appropriate response, I ask to speak to a supervisor.