Need help finding a recipe
  Re: (...)
Hello,

I am looking for a dessert recipe that I made a few holiday seasons ago that everybody loved. In my head it is a cheesecake recipe with a gingersnap/graham cracker crust and then some special flavor in/on the cheesecake. I have looked through all of my magazines but can't find anything that matches. The only thing I am positive of is the gingersnaps in the crust and it was baked in a spring-form pan.

Any help would be very much appreciated. I really want to make this dessert again for Thanksgiving.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kara
  Re: Need help finding a recipe by KaraF (Hello,[br][br]I am l...)
Is it pumpkin cheesecake? That had a gingersnap and graham cracker crust. It's in Issue 66, December 2007.
Shannon
  Re: Need help finding a recipe by KaraF (Hello,[br][br]I am l...)
Welcome to the forum, Kara!

Having seen SO many cheesecake recipes over the years, I doubt that I would be of much help, but I'm sure someone will be able to narrow it down for you. Do you recall what the "special flavour" was that you mentioned? Otherwise, SO many cheesecake recipes use crusts based upon cookies or crackers of some kind (gingersnaps, Graham crackers, etc.) AND have additional flavours in or on them (Pumpkin, Heath bars, etc.) that someone who doesn't already know what you're trying to find could come up with a good-sized list that COULD fit. Also, is "a few holiday seasons ago" something like two or three years, six or seven years, or even more (or less)?

Hope you find the right one. Good luck, and welcome again!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Need help finding a recipe by labradors (Welcome to the forum...)
Dismc, I'm guessing this is correct. Here is a review of the recipe with a picture from Laura. Pumpkin Cheesecake with Gingersnap-Pecan Crust

Good luck Kara, and Welcome to the forum. I hope you'll stick around!

And yes, Labs, I used your search method this time...like a good girl. If I practice it enough, I'll be more likely to remember it...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Need help finding a recipe by labradors (Welcome to the forum...)
Thanks for responding!

I do not recall the "special flavor" I just remember it wasn't plain cheesecake.

I believe I made it in the 2007 holiday season.

I have been through every issue of Cuisine at Home I have and it is not in any that I have. I believe it must be before issue 68.

If you think you know what I am talking about can you please post the recipe?

Thanks
Kara
  Re: Re: Need help finding a recipe by KaraF (Thanks for respondin...)
Was it the Pumpkin Cheesecake with Gingersnap crust? That would be Issue 66, I just happen to be looking at that one
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Need help finding a recipe by KaraF (Thanks for respondin...)
Kara, try looking at the whole thread. If you are not using Flat Mode...top right of your screen...click on that so you can see all of the responses.

I think we've found it, we just need you to confirm it so we can post the recipe for you. My previous post should help you decide, since it provides a picture and description with a review. Dismc has posted the issue for the one in that link. If that is it, I think we an help. I don't have that issue...I joined just after and have not purchased that annual volume yet...but it appears Cis (fanfarm) has it. I'm guessing she'd be willing to post it for you.

So check it out and let us know.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Need help finding a recipe by Gourmet_Mom (Kara, try looking at...)
I think that might be it!!! If I could get the recipe that would be fantastic.

Thanks
Kara
  Re: Re: Need help finding a recipe by KaraF (I think that might b...)
Kara, several of us expressed an interest, so Cis posted it in a separate thread: Pumpkin Cheesecake Thanks again Cis!
Daphne