OMG!!!! Old Bay - you rule the salsa!
  Re: (...)
We made your "salsa" recipe last night to go with fish tacos. OMG! I'd just sit and eat it with a spoon. It was so perfect with the fish. Have you posted this? I don't want to steal your thunder I just want to eat this stuff forever! Oh would Billy have loved this one. Thank you for the Hatch Chilies and the recipe. Yummmmmmm!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: OMG!!!! Old Bay - you rule the salsa! by Harborwitch (We made your "salsa"...)
I'm guessing the care package arrived...LOL! Bill's getting lots of kudos today! I just posted another thanks for the Chicken with Brandy and Lemon in the Dinner thread, myself...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: OMG!!!! Old Bay - you rule the salsa! by Harborwitch (We made your "salsa"...)
Hatch Chile Dip
This is more of a dip or spread than a "salsa".
4 cloves garlic, chopped
3/4 C Hatch chiles (4oz canned--1 hot, 1 mild),or-
(fresh, roasted & peeled-2 hot, 3 mild)
1/4 C mayo
8 oz cream cheese, room temp.
2 avocado, diced
juice of 1 lime
salt & pepper to taste

Process chiles and garlic in processor until paste like. Add all other ingredients --process to combine. Adjust seasonings. Adjust heat with cayenne. Jane makes this--her baby!!

This is best with Hatch Chile-- other green chiles will work.
Visit www.HatchMexicanFood.com
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: OMG!!!! Old Bay - you rule the salsa! by Old Bay (Hatch Chile Dip[br]T...)
We had fish tacos again last night just as an excuse to eat more of this stuff. Yummm.
  Re: Re: OMG!!!! Old Bay - you rule the salsa! by Harborwitch (We had fish tacos ag...)
Okay. Now that I've done more thorough research, and have found that "Hatch chiles" just "refers to Anaheim varieties grown at Hatch, New Mexico," I know that they are not a COMPLETELY different variety that's not available here. I may not be able to get EXACTLY what the brand-named recipe calls for, but now I know I won't be too far off by using what IS available here.

Sharon,

Which fish tacos did you make for using this? The only ones I've ever made are the Fish Tacos with Cilantro Slaw that Vicci posted from Whole Foods. This salsa/spread seems too much to use IN ADDITION to the way those tacos are prepared, so did you use some other recipe, or just cook up the fish and add this salsa for serving - perhaps with a few other toppings?

Thanks!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: OMG!!!! Old Bay - you rule the salsa! by labradors (Okay. Now that I've...)
I used individual battered cod portions from Schwans (Have to investigate the local fish supply. The corn tortiallas were a bit on the dry side (may have to make my own. I also shredded some cabbage, scallions, and red onions and made a small slaw with cider vinegar and a bit of greek yogurt. We used a tiny bit of cheese to garnish - and lots and lots of that lovely creamy Hatch Chili stuff! Just give me a spoon and bowl of that stuff.

Must try it!!!!
  Re: Re: OMG!!!! Old Bay - you rule the salsa! by Harborwitch (I used individual ba...)
I have 2 cans left and I did make a 1/2 batch of this for catfish tacos after Bill & Jane left last year - and I agree it is wonderful!!

thanks Bill.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: OMG!!!! Old Bay - you rule the salsa! by cjs (I have 2 cans left a...)
Ok I cannot find "hatch" chilis and reading Lab's post also looked for the anaheim. We only have one "flavor" roasted. No hot or mild.

So could I use 1 can of jalapeno and 1 can chili's?
  Re: Re: OMG!!!! Old Bay - you rule the salsa! by DFen911 (Ok I cannot find "ha...)
Denise,

Anaheim chiles are the ones you usually see in cans as "green chiles." Hatch just happens to have a few of their own varieties of the Anaheims. You could probably get by (as I will) with using any brand of canned green chiles with, maybe, a bit of jalapeƱo - or even better, serrano for a little more heat and flavour.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: OMG!!!! Old Bay - you rule the salsa! by DFen911 (Ok I cannot find "ha...)
Quote:

Ok I cannot find "hatch" chilis and reading Lab's post also looked for the anaheim. We only have one "flavor" roasted. No hot or mild.

So could I use 1 can of jalapeno and 1 can chili's?

Try the link in my post above.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".