Greek Salsa
  Re: (...)
I need your help, in Vol 42 there was a recipe for chicken with Greek Salsa, in the move I seem to have mis-placed that volume and recipe. Can anyone help me?
  Re: Greek Salsa by tjg (I need your help, in...)
That was part of Old Bay's Dinner Review. I'll do a search and post it for you.

BTW, welcome to the forum tjg! I hope you'll visit often. We love having new members join in our chats and recipe and dinner reviews! Here's the recipe:

Greek Salsa Chicken
(Cuisine at home, December 2003, Issue 42, p. 14)
Makes: 6 Servings Total Time: 1 1/2 Hours

For the Salsa— Combine:
3 pkgs. (4oz. each) crumbled feta cheese
1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
1 jar (4.75 oz.) pitted kalamata olives
1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 T. chopped fresh oregano

For the Chicken— Saute in 1/4 Cup Olive Oil:
6 skinless, bone-in chicken breast halves (8 oz. each), seasoned

Squeeze over Chicken:
2 lemons, cut into wedges
Related Recipes: Roasted Potatoes

Preheat oven to 450°.
Combine all salsa ingredients in large bowl; cover and chill.

Saute chicken in oil, breast side down, in a large roasting pan over medium-high heat until browned. Turn chicken over.

Squeeze chicken with lemon juice, then nestle the squeezed lemon wedges around the breasts. Roast chicken about 50 minutes, or until it reaches 165° on an instant read thermometer.Transfer chicken and lemons to a large platter and top with salsa.

Notes: Fresh oregano and parsley embellish the bold flavors of the salsa.

If you don’t have a roasting pan, browning the chicken in a large ovenproof skillet will work.

Nutrition Information (Per 8 oz. chicken with 3/4 cup salsa):
670 calories 66% calories from fat 49g total fat 10g carb. 1094mg sodium 1g fiber
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Greek Salsa by Gourmet_Mom (That was part of Old...)
Thank you for the recipe and the quick response and for welcoming me to the forum.
  Re: Re: Greek Salsa by tjg (Thank you for the re...)
You are very welcome! It was easy really! But I hope you will check out the other threads here and join in! This is a really helpful and friendly group. Everyone has varying degrees of ability in cooking, but there's always someone around to help out or cheer you on! No egos here!

The search feature is kind of challenging, but there are many of us with tips and tricks to help make it a little easier. If you're interested, I suggest you do a search with Review in the first box and making the time range blank. You'll get LOTS of recipes, tips, and info on MANY C@H recipes as well as others! Again, Welcome!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Greek Salsa by Gourmet_Mom (You are very welcome...)
Welcome to the forum, tjg. That's a great recipe! We make it often.
  Re: Re: Greek Salsa by HomeCulinarian (Welcome to the forum...)
Welcome, tjg! Be sure to browse around some more, here: we post not only recipes from the magazine, but also other things we may have tried - even our own creations. It's always interesting and ALWAYS tasty!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Greek Salsa by labradors (Welcome, tjg! Be su...)
Let me add my welcome, also and to add how much we enjoy this salsa too!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Greek Salsa by cjs (Let me add my welcom...)
Wow, forgot all about this one!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Greek Salsa by cjs (Wow, forgot all abou...)
I feel responsible for the discovery of this magnificent treat, and have absolutely no problem with humility! My wife Jane and I welcome you to the forum!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Greek Salsa by Old Bay (I feel responsible f...)
You should take credit, Bill - it was good and I'm so glad it was brought back to our attention by an 'anon' looking at it.
www.achefsjourney.com