Cooking Books for Christmas
  Re: (...)
Is it to early to make a list of some cook books you are wanting for
Christmas?

I would like a book of Nigella to start. and Ina Garten books are good too.

and perhaps a East Indian cook book .

Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Cooking Books for Christmas by mjkcooking (Is it to early to ma...)
Since the list of books I have with me, here, doesn't change that much, my list would be the same as it has for the last couple years: Culinary Artistry or The Flavor Bible. Maybe one of these days...
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Cooking Books for Christmas by labradors (Since the list of bo...)
I want to look at the James Beard books, that is at the top of my list after last Christmas's gifts. There are a few appy books that have been tossed out here that I was interested in, but I'll have to get back with you.

I lost my old list when my hard drive crashed, so I'll have to do a search on here to retrieve the titles....I'll get back to this later.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Cooking Books for Christmas by Gourmet_Mom (I want to look at th...)
I was reading through a Bon Appetit magazine, and they reviewed a book called "My Bread" by Jim Lahey. He's the man who came up with the "18 hour bread". I have to get this one. A friend lent me "Southern Cooking" by Edna Lewis and Scott Peacock. Another one I'd like to have.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Cooking Books for Christmas by Lorraine (I was reading throug...)
My list is 'on the mainland' - doesn't that sound just so pretentious??? I'll add my ideas later in the week. Thanks for starting this, Marye - it certainly is time.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Cooking Books for Christmas by cjs (My list is 'on the ...)
Anything to add to my "Beautiful" series is always welcomed
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Cooking Books for Christmas by mjkcooking (Is it to early to ma...)
I'm pathetic. Went early Christmas shopping today and came home with Ina Garten's Back to Basics for myself. Also a box of 3 silpat mats from Costco. As I said, pathetic.
Shannon
  Re: Re: Cooking Books for Christmas by Dismc (I'm pathetic. Went ...)
Some of these are from last year's list (Close to order by preference):

-Charcuterie: The Craft of Salting, Smoking, and Curing by Ruhlman, Polcyn, and Keller (This one is a must have if I don't get any other. If I don't have the right one, somebody please tell me.)
-Fast Food My Way by Jacques Pepin (I have the second one and love it.)
-Julia and Jacques Cooking at Home by Julia Child and Jacques Pepin (I'v heard this is the best one, if I can't get her Mastering the Art)
-Nigella Express by Nigella Lawson (Jean has mentioned so many successes with this one and I have another of her books and love it.)
-Delights and Prejudices by James Beard (I would LOVE to have another biography to enjoy...it's been a while.)
-Bite Size: Elegant recipes for Entertaining (Francois Payard) (We DO love our appy dinners.)
-Cooking by James Peterson (I have heard from many, this is a must have. I have his sauces book and LOVE it!)
-Epicurean Delight - The Life and Times Of James Beard by Judith Jones
-Love and Kisses and a Halo Of Truffles ; Letters To Helen Evans Brown by James Beard (Lorraine recommended these two last year. I do love my biographies.)
-Asian Tapas ; Small bites, Big Flavours (Alain Ducasse) (Another appy delight)
-Sushi Made Easy, Nobuko Tsuda (I would really like to have fun with this, but would be willing to wait for Mother's Day on this one, so I can play over summer!)
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Cooking Books for Christmas by Dismc (I'm pathetic. Went ...)
You will love Ina's Back to Basics. I am making the company Pot Roast tonight (to have tomorrow) if I ever get off the computer. Silpats at Costco, hmm, maybe a trip tomorrow.
I am so trying to be good since I still have 3 cookbooks I have not even opened once yet. But I really want the new Thomas Keller Ad Hoc at Home. I hate putting on a list and have folks pay more when I can get it for $12.95 at BONC2. Decisions, Decisions.
  Re: Re: Cooking Books for Christmas by Cubangirl (You will love Ina's ...)
"want the new Thomas Keller Ad Hoc at Home." Hello??? Didn't know he had a new one out.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com