We're Off!
  Re: (...)
Tomorrow a.m. we are off for two weeks to Hawaii!! Have never been there and really had no desire to go before, but an old school chum (from the 4th grade), who lives there, has been nagging us to get off our collective b*tts and go over. So we're turning it into a semi-business trip also because the next project will be about farmers markets and I have a list of all the farmers markets in Hawaii in my hot little hands.

I'm also taking my laptop with me so I can do some work - so you won't be rid of me....ha ha ha

The sad thing is, the weather here in P.A. is absolutely beautiful!! I wanted to leave rain and thumb my nose, but looks like I won't.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: We're Off! by cjs (Tomorrow a.m. we are...)
Oh, you're going to love it! What island are you going to?
  Re: Re: We're Off! by Trixxee (Oh, you're going to ...)
I just mailed your check, is that ok?

oh, and have a wonderful time! I have never heard one complaint from people I know who have been. One couple said that all of their aches and pains disappeared while there! Can't wait to get your reports!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: We're Off! by cjs (Tomorrow a.m. we are...)
Safe "semi business trip" my friends--I envy you and look forward to your reports. Be well. Stay in touch frequently.
I thought about doing a study of Italian life insurance during WWII while I was on our cruise, but decided not to push it. Your's will work. Have fun!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: We're Off! by Old Bay (Safe "semi business ...)
Have a safe trip, Jean! I can't wait until my time comes to be able to do this kind of thing. I love your idea about the farmer's markets. I can't imagine how wonderful farmer's markets will be there! TAKE PICTURES!

I was afraid you wouldn't be on here at all...I was already missing you...LOL! I'm glad you'll be able to check in every now and then!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: We're Off! by Old Bay (Safe "semi business ...)
Since we've never been there before, we're leaving everything in the hands of the two old school friends that have lived there since the 60s. So, I don't know where all we will be; I do know Sonja has a cabin on Maui that we will visit sometime.

For those who have Journey....Home book, Sonja's recipe is on page 178 - it's good.

"I just mailed your check, is that ok?" - sure, neighbor girl is going to collect our mail. I'll get the books in the mail as soon as we get home. I've gotten 12 in the mail to date, so some of you will have yours shortly.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: We're Off! by cjs (Since we've never be...)
Quote:

Since we've never been there before, we're leaving everything in the hands of the two old school friends that have lived there since the 60s. So, I don't know where all we will be; I do know Sonja has a cabin on Maui that we will visit sometime.

Well, hopefully you know what airport you're flying into. That'll definitely tell you what island you're going to.

Sounds like there's at least a side trip to Maui going on. There's a cute but small farmer's market on Lower Honoapiilani Rd. in the Honokowai area of Maui that's pretty good. The pineapple, maui onions, salad greens, local corn - all great stuff.
  Re: Re: We're Off! by Trixxee ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Have a great time Jean!! And remember, go easy on the pineapple and coconut at first.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: We're Off! by BarbaraS (Have a great time Je...)
Have a wonderful time in Hawaii with your friends. I don't know anyone who has gone there and not loved it. Hope to get there some day myself!
  Re: Re: We're Off! by HomeCulinarian (Have a wonderful tim...)
Wow! Sounds cool!

When you get back from your trip, try an old joke to see if it still works: go into a store, start to reach into your wallet, and ask if the accept Hawaiian money.

It's funny how many people mess that up, but it's also a sad reflection of how poorly the government schools have been teaching.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?