Chef Bloody Flay
  Re: (...)
Ok sorry these are so late. It's been a very rough weekend.

[Image: P1020331.jpg]

Jello Shooter anyone?

[Image: MeandtheShooters.jpg]

MmMmmMmMMMmm

[Image: Properconsumption.jpg]
  Re: Chef Bloody Flay by DFen911 (Ok sorry these are s...)
OMG!! That is too funny!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Chef Bloody Flay by BarbaraS (OMG!! That is too f...)
Funny, and I LOVE your kitchen!!!!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Chef Bloody Flay by chef_Tab (Funny, and I LOVE yo...)
What a lovely knive you have - where are the shooters!

great pictures - bet you had a fun time.

Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: Chef Bloody Flay by chef_Tab (Funny, and I LOVE yo...)
finally!! How cute!!

ANd you just solved a problem for me, miss!! I hate where my pot hanger is (just like yours) - it's right over my head on the island and there are so many shadows cast from the hangings that it's hard to see to work. I have a perfect spot on a wall - never thought to put it near a wall....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Chef Bloody Flay by cjs (finally!! How cute!!...)
Great pics. Maybe you could do some DVD art for a horror movie. LOL!

Jean,

The real pot hangers such as in that photo are something I've never been able to afford (not even close). Also, when I got my first apartment, there weren't many places to put such a beast, so I improvised.

My pot hanger was, and still is, a simple, inexpensive tension rod with a couple different kinds of hooks that make it possible for me to hang up quite a few of my pots, pans and utensils. Amazingly, in the 15 years I've used it this way, it has only fallen once, and that was in my previous residence here, during a storm in which the winds were particularly strong and had come through the kitchen windows just the right way. After that, putting a couple of braces under where the ends made contact provided better support. Right now, I don't happen to have it in place, yet, since I don't have a good spot where I can use it AS a tension rod (i.e. between two other surfaces). Very soon, I shall be putting some braces into the concrete wall behind and above my stove, allowing it to hang there. Once I have that done, I'll send a picture of how it turns out.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Chef Bloody Flay by labradors (Great pics. Maybe y...)
Oh good, it will take a while to convince Roy this needs to be done, so I'll be anxious to see your solution, Labs.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Chef Bloody Flay by cjs (Oh good, it will tak...)
Love the pics, Denise! Too funny! I agree with everyone else! LOVE the kitchen!

Jean, I was concerned about the shadow thing, so I got one with lights, including down lights AND it hangs over the sink, mostly, so that it doesn't interfere with my work space.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Chef Bloody Flay by Gourmet_Mom (Love the pics, Denis...)
Great pics, Denise! I'll bet you were the hit of the party!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Chef Bloody Flay by Gourmet_Mom (Love the pics, Denis...)
How fun! Those skeleton earrings are looong, aren't they? But I love long dangle-y earrings...
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com