Mushroom Pork Marsala
  Re: (...)
Does anyone have the recipe for this that they could post or e-mail me? I've been wanting to try it, but I don't have the Weeknight Menus #3. It sounds delish.

I'm removing your email address for safety reasons. Hopefully someone will post a recipe for you and/or p.m. you here, so check back. cjs

Thanks in advance!
  Re: Mushroom Pork Marsala by Vanquisher (Does anyone have the...)
First, I'd remove my email address. Second, I'd be glad to oblige. While it's posted in this forum all over the place...including the Tribute thread at the top of the forum...I can easily add it here.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Mushroom Pork Marsala

Recipe By :bjcotton
Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Pork

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
2 pounds pork loin chops -- (4 to 6)
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 cup all-purpose flour
4 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/8 cup butter
1/2 cup shallots -- minced
2 cloves garlic -- minced
16 cups mushrooms -- assorted
1 cup marsala wine -- dry; to deglaze
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons fresh sage
3/4 cup butter
salt and freshly ground black pepper -- to taste
4 tablespoons fresh parsley -- for garnish
4 slices prosciutto -- frizzles (see note)

Dredge seasoned chops in flour. Saute pork in oil over medium-high heat for 5 minutes; flip and saute 5 more minutes. Remove from pan and keep warm.

Melt butter in the same pan. Stir in shallots and garlic, and saute 2 minutes; add mushrooms and saute 8 minutes, or until they release their water and brown.

Deglaze pan with marsala. Add broth, lemon juice, and sage; bring to a boil, and reduce until almost evaporated. Remove from heat and whisk in butter until melted. Season with salt and pepper, return the chops to the pan to reheat and coat with sauce.

Garnish with parsley and prosciutto.

Source:
"Cuisine At Home, Weeknight Menus"
S(Internet Address):
"http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=44111&an=&page=&vc=1"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 680 Calories; 41g Fat (56.0% calories from fat); 51g Protein; 21g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 169mg Cholesterol; 3348mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 6 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 5 1/2 Fat.

NOTES : NOTES : Frizzled Prosciutto: Prosciutto is ham that's cured, salted, and air-dried. A little goes a long way, so it's sliced very thin. And since prosciutto is cured, it doesn't need to be cooked. But for a real treat, you can "frizzle" it--slice it crosswise into thin strips then fry in olive oil about 5 minutes, stirring often until crisp.

I have not tried the Frizzled Prosciutto, but we have had this several times and loved it. Ashley requests this when she comes home.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Mushroom Pork Marsala by Gourmet_Mom (First, I'd remove my...)
thanks Daphne.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Mushroom Pork Marsala by cjs (thanks Daphne....)
LOL! Vanquisher has found it using the search option...oh well!

BTW, Vanquisher, I just noticed, Jean has removed the thread for Billy's book. I didn't want you to be confused about that reference.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Mushroom Pork Marsala by Gourmet_Mom (LOL! Vanquisher has...)
No, I haven't removed it, I just took the sticky off - it's further down the line of threads.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Mushroom Pork Marsala by Vanquisher (Does anyone have the...)
Thanks everyone, and thanks for removing my e-mail address. I tried to find it using the search function, but I kept seeing references to it being so good and not the actual recipe, so thank you! I appreciate it.
~Heidi, SAHM, self-taught chef and born foodie
my blog - http://thelifeofadoctorswife.blogspot.com