How do you know it's time to clean....
  Re: (...)
your grill?

When you lift the lid and it bursts into flames!!!!!

Okay, I'm fine, but REALLY! OIY! I don't need to clean it now...just empty the ashes....LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: How do you know it's time to clean.... by Gourmet_Mom (your grill?[br][br]W...)
Guess that means we shouldn't nominate Daphne as the one to deep fry the turkey this year. LOL!

Glad you're okay.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: How do you know it's time to clean.... by labradors (Guess that means we ...)
The stinkiest part of the thing, is that I laughed my butt off when this happened to William when we first got the grill! It was quite dramatic. At that time, the grill was just outside the bedroom on the deck in front of the windows. I got to see the WHOLE thing...It really was funny, now that I think about it.

At least he wasn't home just now. I swear, I WILL NOT TELL! He'll never let me forget it!
Daphne
  Re: Re: How do you know it's time to clean.... by Gourmet_Mom (The stinkiest part o...)
Oh my, this is even funnier for me because I can actually see this in my head. Seriously, I'm sure glad you are okay!

Now, have to go find Ron and tell this story...
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: How do you know it's time to clean.... by Mare749 (Oh my, this is even ...)
I had a feeling you'd like this one...LOL!
Daphne
  Re: Re: How do you know it's time to clean.... by Gourmet_Mom (I had a feeling you'...)
Oh My. Daphne - I know I am more than capable of grilling - to be honest - the few times I have done...I've done a better job. But there is something to be said about a man's domaine - and this one belongs to Steve and I am not willing to accept it! You need to keep the man grilling. It gives him purpose and a sence of ...something....

I really hope you are ok. Just let the man grill. It is a southern thing to do.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: How do you know it's time to clean.... by esgunn (Oh My. Daphne - I k...)
We feel the same way up North. I love to cook, but don't enjoy grilling one bit. Well said, Erin!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: How do you know it's time to clean.... by Mare749 (We feel the same way...)
Poor Roy, can't get near the grill except when we do Oysters - I 'allow' him to do that.

Before we had a gas grill, I used to build such good fires in the grill, I set the railing on fire one time. (don't tell William - I haven't lived that one down yet - over 30 years ago!!)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: How do you know it's time to clean.... by cjs (Poor Roy, can't get ...)
Oh no...I do all the grilling. The time it happened to him, he was just supposed to check the temp and let me know if I could bring the food out. Sometimes when I'm busy, I'll let him check on the food, but I'm the grill master at this house. Now out at the camp...it's ALL his!
Daphne