Favorite Apple?
  Re: (...)
I am sure I am way behind the times, but I just discovered the joy of Honey Crisp apples. They are fantastic. Not cheap - I'm finding them for either $2.49 or $2.99 a pound but I think they're worth it. From what someone told me, they don't have a very long season so if you can find them, try one.

What's your favorite apple?
  Re: Favorite Apple? by Trixxee (I am sure I am way b...)
I love honey crisp. My favorite apple. But very expensive!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Favorite Apple? by esgunn (I love honey crisp. ...)
I like them also and having been born in Washington, I'm almost required to mention Delicious!! But, I also love to work with Granny Smiths.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Favorite Apple? by cjs (I like them also and...)
A New York apple called MaCoun. A cross, I am told between a MacIntosh and a Courtland. Crispy, sweet and a little tart at the end, our all time fave
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Favorite Apple? by farnfam (A New York apple cal...)
Braeburns are good! I don't think I've seen the honey crisp. I'll have to look around. Since they have a short season, I'm guessing they don't send them to my side of the country.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Favorite Apple? by Gourmet_Mom (Braeburns are good! ...)
Cis, I must look for this MaCoun since Macs and Courtlands are my favorites!!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Favorite Apple? by chef_Tab (Cis, I must look for...)
Honeycrisp, for sure! I'll have to try the MaCoun, sounds tasty. I used to love Winesaps, but haven't seen them around for a while. Had some Golden Delicious that were outstanding too.

Favorite? Caramel apple!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Favorite Apple? by Mare749 (Honeycrisp, for sure...)
"Favorite? Caramel apple!" LOL! I don't think that's the kind of apple she's talking about Maryann! I had an opportunity to get a candy apple at the carnival last night...home made, but passed...got a cupcake though...OIY!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Favorite Apple? by Gourmet_Mom ("Favorite? Caramel a...)
I've been buying Galas for me, but the Hubby loves Macintoshes!! Won't eat anyting but during the season!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Favorite Apple? by BarbaraS (I've been buying Gal...)
Royal Gala and Fuji.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?