A Fantastic 'Search'
  Re: (...)
I'm still gathering recipes for Billy's book and decided to search for 'souffle' here and see just what all had been said about him getting off the stick and making one.

some rainy/snowy weekend, grab a cup of coffee and pull up the 'souffle' on search and just read some of the greatest threads we've ever had on this site - well, my opinion anyway. There are 200 hits from this and I just spent 2 hours reading them!

AND, whatever happened to 'dollop'?????

Some of the better threads -

Erin started one about "Remind Me Button"

"Billy's Fredia" - Denise posted the most beautiful sad poem that will be included in the book.

"Need menu suggestions for weekend guests!" Vicci had just joined and started this thread - I think it is the best we've every had on the site for ideas. Wonderful!!

Anyway, I sure had fun - lost 2 hours work on his book, tho.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: A Fantastic 'Search' by cjs (I'm still gathering ...)
You're right, Jean. I did the same thing with the souffle search to find the recipe and info when Billy finally made the souffle. He actually encouraged me to make it...my first, as well! I didn't read them all...started crying again, so I stopped...but I intend to read them.

I remember seeing the one Vicci posted when I first got here. It is a good one...three or four pages, if I remember correctly!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: A Fantastic 'Search' by cjs (I'm still gathering ...)
Oh Jean, how lovely! Don't think of it as lost 2hours tho' you were still working on his book. The poem from Denise will be perfect
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: A Fantastic 'Search' by farnfam (Oh Jean, how lovely!...)
I remember that thread which I started, and I was so impressed with the responses and help you all gave to me (it opened my eyes, too, about allowing guests to help out a little).

BTW, check this thread out-- short but sweet!
http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...e=591#Post17471
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: A Fantastic 'Search' by foodfiend (I remember that thre...)
Vicci, that one is priceless!
Daphne
  Re: Re: A Fantastic 'Search' by Gourmet_Mom (Vicci, that one is p...)
I remember that one also - a couple of us were so afraid the 'oldtimers' here would think they were being out numbered and taken over. I love this site!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: A Fantastic 'Search' by cjs (I remember that one ...)
Are any of the "oldtimers" still around? Jean, I thought you were the originator.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: A Fantastic 'Search' by chef_Tab (Are any of the "oldt...)
Oh gosh no!! Billy, Lorraine, Vannin, Sharon, Jan, Daphne, Maryann, me, who else??? came about the same time. LJ, marzyn, chefelle (?), Linda

The old timers are Cis, Tammy, Roxanne, Angela (I miss her), emmasmum....
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: A Fantastic 'Search' by cjs (Oh gosh no!! Billy, ...)
Remember when Billy was thinking about "Personal Cheffing"? He would have been so good - but he'd have never made a dime, he wanted to just do it for the fun.

Shoot here come the tears again!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: A Fantastic 'Search' by Harborwitch (Remember when Billy ...)
I never knew that. You sure are right about not making any money. He was always cooking stuff for fun and sharing it with others.
Daphne