10/27 Dinner?
  Re: (...)
I have a rack of spare ribs thawing out, so I think I'll go through some old C@H and see what strikes the fancy. And maybe just some oven fries with them (unless the rain holds off and I'll grill the tatoes) - I even have some Heirlooms left in the greenhouse...

What are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: 10/27 Dinner? by cjs (I have a rack of spa...)
Tonight: Chicken Madras.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: 10/27 Dinner? by labradors (Tonight: Chicken Mad...)
My tooth is still killing me. I ended up makeing cornmeal pancakes for dinner last night. Tonight I think it is going to be Jean's Lo Mein recipe without the chicken. Just some soft veges. I have a dentist appointment for Friday but not sure if I can hold out that long. Hopefully I will at least lose some weight.....might make this worth it.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: 10/27 Dinner? by chef_Tab (My tooth is still ki...)
Not until Friday??? What kind of a masochist is this dentist?? Poor baby, you'll be pulling it yourself by then. Hang in there.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: 10/27 Dinner? by cjs (Not until Friday??? ...)
Grilled steak tacos. I was thinking of making a corn relish to go with them but all of a sudden I have no energy (had terrible insomnia last night) and the thought of running to the store doesn't sound very enticing, especially considering I've already been to the store once this morning. I need to get my act together.
  Re: Re: 10/27 Dinner? by Trixxee (Grilled steak tacos....)
Jean, doctors and dentists show no love for "new patients". The stinky part of moving. I have no choice......looking for the plyers now.
Theresa

Re: Re: 10/27 Dinner? by chef_Tab (Jean, doctors and de...)
Poor Theresa! THREE MORE DAYS?!?!?!? OUCH!

Tonight I'm trying out the oven fried chicken recipe I found using Corn Flakes. I'll do some mashers and steamed cabbage, to with. I'm trying to make up my mind whether to make gravy for the mashers.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: 10/27 Dinner? by Gourmet_Mom (Poor Theresa! THREE...)
mmmmm, mashers sounds good and not too painful.
Theresa

Re: Re: 10/27 Dinner? by chef_Tab (Jean, doctors and de...)
Theresa - you might try Aleve. Although it takes a few days for it to settle in. I had a real problem the begining of this last year. These are the things I did until we could get it all sorted out. I had so much inflamation and pain, we couldn't figure out what tooth was the problem.

You can take up to 4 Ibuprophin or tylenol at once - this is prescription strength - obviously if you can normally take either of these medications. You can also alternate them every 3 hours if needed. YOU SHOULD NOT DO THIS LONG TERM!

Get a bite guard for night - they have some in the drug store - that you do not need to heat and mold to your teeth. They have wings that you adjust and those fit between your teeth. My teeth hurt, so I would clench while I was sleeping, if I was sleeping, increasing the pain.

Ask your new dentist or doctor for some pain killers until they can see you. I would think they would be able to get you something.

Try Anbesol on the gumms around the tooth to numb it.

Hope it gets better soon.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: 10/27 Dinner? by esgunn (Theresa - you might ...)
Theresa, if all else fails, call that dentist's office tomorrow and start crying. They will get you right in.(I used to work for a dentist.)

We had a wonderful Chicken Tuscan and Bean soup that Holly made and brought over last night. It's a recipe that I gave her only I never made it. Will post it as soon as I can find it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."