Halloween Plans?
  Re: (...)
So what's everyone doing next weekend?

I'm going to my sister's house for her party since Derek has to work. I'm going as hehehe Chef Bloody Flay
  Re: Halloween Plans? by DFen911 (So what's everyone d...)
Denise, that's hilarious! We'll need pictures! Not much happening in this little hamlet, but I did buy some halloween pasta.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Halloween Plans? by Lorraine (Denise, that's hilar...)
If the weather cooperates, we are supposed to meet hubby's sister (Tabitha's mother) for lunch at the Allegheny Grille. I cannot seem to get a direct link to the restaraunt, but someday I would love to go back and stay at the Inn. I am hoping to tour that winery while there and hike around a bit.

http://www.visitfoxburg.com/

No actual Halloween plans. Turn off the lights and pretend we aren't here.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Halloween Plans? by chef_Tab (If the weather coope...)
Quote:

Turn off the lights and pretend we aren't here.

heehee

In the 25 Halloweens' we have lived here, we have not had a single trick or treater. Perhaps it has something to do with a very old house at the end of a long, dark driveway surrounded by tall trees...

I will make pumpkin cookies, though. And watch the Charlie Brown special.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Halloween Plans? by foodfiend ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Living in town for the first time in years, we like having trick or treaters now, it's still a novelty for us. Other than checking out the little ones, nothing special for us.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Halloween Plans? by cjs (Living in town for t...)
This being more of a resort area, and my street only having a couple of permanent residents, the trick or treaters, the few there are around here, don't come down our street. I haven't seen any trick or treaters since we moved here. I think most go into town and make the rounds with friends from town. So we'll just have a regular Saturday evening. I DO have to run a game for our annual Fall Festival Monday night...until 8...putting me home around 8:30...UGH!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Halloween Plans? by Gourmet_Mom (This being more of a...)
Living on a main street without sidewalks, we don't have trick-or-treaters. Heather lives on the same street, so we all usually go over to Holly and Bob's house and pass out candy for them while they take all the kids out on her street. I'm hoping we will still do that this year, but might not be able to because Abby came down with the flu.

Denise, your costume sounds great. Take pics for us, please!

Theresa, I noticed that the Foxburg Inn has a location not too far from me in Chagrin Falls. Looks nice for a special occasion weekend, doesn't it?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Halloween Plans? by Mare749 (Living on a main str...)
Maryann, I noticed they have quite a few nice places in the Cleveland area. I would not cry if hubby made me go to any them! I feel like there are so many more "special weekend" places around here. I hope I get lucky enough to see a few.
Theresa

Re: Re: Halloween Plans? by chef_Tab (Maryann, I noticed t...)
Theresa, I'll have to ask my Mom about this place. To be honest, I had to look it up on a map since I haven't lived in the area for so long and was surprised to see that is is east of where I went to college. Let me know what you think about the food, maybe we can take my parents there for dinner when we visit sometime (I think that it's about an hour from them).
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Halloween Plans? by foodfiend (Theresa, I'll have t...)
I really wanted to go to the German restaurant nearby, but they are not open for lunch. I accidentally stumbled on the Allegheny Grille and it looks even more interesting. Hubby's sis and we are each driving about 2 hours to meet there. I will let you know what I think.
Theresa