recipe index
  Re: (...)
I'm a new online member, but have subscribed for a couple years to the magazine. I also bought the nice bounded first five years worth of issues. I love the magazine and have always given credit to it when people compliment the meal. I'm sure Cuisine At Home has some new subscriptions to my credit.

I could not find this answer, but maybe it exist.

Because of the large number of issues I have at home, I sometimes remember a recipe I wanted to try, but can not remember what issue it was in. So I sit and start flipping through the dozens I have, which can be very frustrating.

I realize it doesn't make economic sense to give recipes away for free, but if there was an index that could be searched where the result was maybe a brief description (so you know you found the right one) and then the month, year and page of the recipe. Then I could go right to it.

For example: You are thinking of hamburgers and there are a lot of good recipes you've read, and you remember something about a feta cheese burger that sounded good. You have no idea what issue it was in, so you search Cuisine at Home recipe index and bingo: Issue 63, June 2007 page 18!
You pull that issue off the shelf and enjoy a REALLY good burger.

Let me know if something like that exist, or could exists.

Thanks for everyone's help with this and keep up the great recipes.

Rick
  Re: recipe index by r9thomas (I'm a new online mem...)
Well, Rick, have you ever been a day late and a $$$ short before?? You have been now. C@H used to have the greatest archive site that we could go to to search where favorite old recipes were. But, this site was closed a few months ago - not really sure why, supposedly to be worked on, but we're still holding our breaths.

One forum member, labs, has made up a wonderful reference list for the magazine, but I haven't used it for so long, I can't remember how to get to it. Someone will be right along and give both of us the answer, I'm sure.

Welcome to the forum and the C@H neighborhood - love to have you join us regularly and critique recipes as you try them along with us.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: recipe index by cjs (Well, Rick, have you...)
Hi, Rick. CAH does have an on-line index for subscribers. From the magazine's home page, click on Magazine Customer Service. Then the last link under "Other" is the index. You will need to provide your customer number or your information to access it. After you access it, then you can make it a favorite and bypass the need to remember your customer number for future visits. The only down side to it is that it doesn't include recipes in the cookbooks.

And, I'll add my welcome!
  Re: Re: recipe index by HomeCulinarian (Hi, Rick. CAH does ...)
I didn't know that!! Guess it's time the moderator get up to speed!! Thanks Jeanette - I don't feel like too much of a dummy.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: recipe index by cjs ( [i]I didn't know th...)
Jean, you are not a dummy! You are just "special"!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: recipe index by chef_Tab (Jean, you are not a ...)
a special dummy maybe...
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: recipe index by cjs (a special dummy mayb...)
thanks, I went to the page, but the "online index" isn't linked. I can get to customer service, but the link is not there to click on. Maybe it's temporarily disabled?

I'm curious, so a few months ago when one did an index search, did they get the recipe or the issue the recipe was in?

Also, Should I contact C@H directly then to inquire about this or is there a web service that handles this.

Thanks again,
Rick
  Re: Re: recipe index by cjs (Well, Rick, have you...)
thanks for the tip on user "Labradors" website. It has a search that does do what I was thinking. The search isn't faultless, or maybe it has not been updated. I entered "feta cheseburgers" and various iterations, but it didn't return any results, not even for "hamburger". I had some success with other searches.
However, it is really a rather amazing thing Labradors did given the likelihood it was done without the benefit of the magazines electronic database.
I'm hoping C@H will offer some official search similar to what Labradors has done.
Thanks,
Rick
  Re: Re: recipe index by r9thomas (thanks for the tip o...)
OK - I explained it wrong. Sorry When you get to the Magazine Customer Service page, you need to log in first, then the index link becomes available. I have it saved in my favorites so don't have to log in each time.

Edited to add that Jean is no dummy!
  Re: Re: recipe index by HomeCulinarian (OK - I explained it ...)
Welcome Rick! The online index is up and working. Like Jeanette said, you have to log in first.

Jeanette, I never thought of bookmarking it after logging in! I HATE having to go dig out a magazine with the cover still on it every time. Thanks!

Jean, you are NOT a dummy!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.