Baked Salmon wrapped in filo dough
  Re: (...)
Ok I have been asked to bring baked salmon for my daughter shower

Do any of you have any ideas? can I make it into bite size pieces?

Suggestions on transporting a hour away?

This is coming up fast - so any help would be great.

Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Baked Salmon wrapped in filo dough by mjkcooking (Ok I have been aske...)
Oh Marye, the dreaded filo dough. I hated working with it, but there is a new product on the market since I've had to and I haven't tried it but others say it's great. It's already buttered so you don't have that problem (buttering before layers dry out )

One thing you might make for bite size offerings, is cut the salmon in bite-size pieces, toss with olive oil and spices (tarragon, basil, chives), lemon juice, or even BBQ sauce and wrap in filo squares like spanakopitas (flag fold)

Wrap, chill and I would cook them on premise rather than at home and try to warm later.

I wouldn't try a large dish with filo dough, it is so messy the minute it's cut into, so your idea of something individual would be the best way. But, maybe someone will have more ideas - can't remember who played with it last holiday (or the one before). Maybe Gil & Lorraine have done something like you want and she'll see this.

Good luck, Marye.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Did she request filo? Salmon in filo dough doesn't appeal to me--the oils and flavor, for me, do not work well in that enviornment. I think other fish do well like that, but not salmon. Sorry to be so negative.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Baked Salmon wrapped in filo dough by Old Bay (Did she request filo...)
Unlike Jean, I love working with filo. But, I've never done fish in it. He said he wrapped catfish in it once, but they were very small 4 oz fillets. (It didn't sound like he would do it again) He, like Bill, was concerned about what the oil in the salmon would do to it. On the other hand, salmon in puff pstry, I really like. If you already made it, how did it turn out?
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Baked Salmon wrapped in filo dough by Lorraine (Unlike Jean, I love ...)
You know filo cooks so fast, maybe roast the salmon squares then wrap in filo and finish baking off???
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
HELLO!!!!! there is an awesome recipe from C@H for salmon in phyllo that is an absolute favorite of ours-----you can do this ahead of time and serve with the sauce that is amazing!!! I hope I'm not too late on this but it is from issue #36 page 20. I hope somebody out there has the recipe but if not I will post. It is a GREAT shower dish with bite sized pieces---you will be a STAR!!!!

Have fun!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Baked Salmon wrapped in filo dough by Roxanne 21 (HELLO!!!!! there i...)
Hi Rox!!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Baked Salmon wrapped in filo dough by cjs (Hi Rox!!!...)
Hi ya!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Baked Salmon wrapped in filo dough by Roxanne 21 (Hi ya!!! [img]/ubb...)
Thanks Roxi

I am going to check on this issue and see if I have it.

Sounds like a winner - The shower is in 2 weeks

Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.