Vacation and meeting Daphne!
  Re: (...)
We spent a week in Myrtle Beach and the highlight of our vacation was meeting Daphne and William. What a fabulous couple! So much fun and a pleasure to be with. We look forward to seeing them again next summer.

Here are some pictures for anyone who might like to see them. As Daphne has said previously, SC can be affected during hurricane season, but we were fortunate and had the most wonderful weather all week. The last two pics are of the cotton fields, something I just love to see.

For a slide show, just click on Daphne and William.

[Image: th_October2009001.jpg]
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Vacation and meeting Daphne! by Mare749 (We spent a week in M...)
I am so glad you guys had such a good time I'm jealous you got to meet up with Daphne and William. Derek and I are chomping at the bit to get out that far.

Yoru pictures are great!! Some of those beach shots are postcard shots. The sunset one is just beautiful. I am so glad you shared your pictures. Because I do love them so
  Re: Re: Vacation and meeting Daphne! by DFen911 (I am so glad you guy...)
Thanks Denise! Actually that was a sunrise photo.
Maryann

Re: Re: Vacation and meeting Daphne! by Mare749 (Thanks Denise! Actu...)
"Derek and I are chomping at the bit to get out that far." - so are we, Denise!! One day...

Great pictues, Maryann - your f-i-law looks very healthy and rested. What a gorgeous area.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Vacation and meeting Daphne! by Mare749 (Thanks Denise! Actu...)
Quote:

Maybe Denise was playing it backwards.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Vacation and meeting Daphne! by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Quote:

[blockquote]Quote:

Maybe Denise was playing it backwards.

[/blockquote]

Nope, being on the west coast, Denise is used to seeing sunsets!

Maryann, I was able to enjoy only the (lovely) photo is Daphne and William (my sucky dial-up would take all day for a slideshow!), but having just been north of where you were, and taken gorgeous beachy sunrise shots myself, I can just imagine how pretty it was.

Glad that you enjoyed yourself-- all rested for the upcoming holiday season???

BTW, wasn't it quite a jolt to return to cold and rain?!?!?
  Re: Re: Vacation and meeting Daphne! by foodfiend ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Great pictures Maryann! Actually Vicci, Maryann and Ron had the BEST weather one could possibly wish for the week they were here! I couldn't believe how lucky they were. The temperature was at a perfect upper 70's and not a dark cloud in the sky the day after they got here until they left. Speaking of which, Maryann, I know you had rain all the way down...if I'm not mistaken, you had rain all the way home?

It was so wonderful meeting up with these two. Such a sweet couple. I'm hoping we can meet up with them again and spend a whole day with them.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Vacation and meeting Daphne! by Gourmet_Mom (Great pictures Marya...)
Beautiful!!!
I'm still so jealous!! James and I have been discussing doing something very similar, going down with the girls and "boys" and renting a condo. We had NO summer this year and our cold rainy fall is quickly going into winter.
Any tips on how to plan this kind of vacation?
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Vacation and meeting Daphne! by farnfam (Beautiful!!! [br]I'm...)
Sure, I can give you two realtors that we have used over the years. You go to their websites and shop for a condo. Prices are based on location and season. I'll email you.
Maryann

Re: Re: Vacation and meeting Daphne! by Mare749 (Sure, I can give you...)

Gee Thanx
Cis
Empress for Life