Happy Thanksgiving...
  Re: (...)
Canadian Thanksgiving, that is for all our Canadian friends. Do we have more than one on here? and she's an ex-patriot. Lorraine, does this mean you get two from now on?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Happy Thanksgiving... by cjs (Canadian Thanksgivin...)
And we ARE thankful for all our Canadian friends. Here's hoping they have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day!

BTW, Jean, there's a big difference between an ex-patriot and an expatriate!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Happy Thanksgiving... by labradors (And we ARE thankful ...)

"BTW, Jean, there's a big difference between an ex-patriot and an expatriate!"

Uh oh....
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Happy Thanksgiving... by Mare749 ([br]"BTW, Jean, ther...)
well duh...blame it on..........................I can't think of what to blame that on.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Happy Thanksgiving... by cjs (well duh...blame it ...)
ROTLF! Don't fret. It's a common mistake because of the sound - the same as when people spell "calendar" as "calender." Of course, spell-checking software misses such things because the incorrect spellings of the intended words are the correct spellings for something unintended (e.g. look up the definition of "calender").
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Happy Thanksgiving... by labradors (ROTLF! Don't fret. ...)
Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

You know, I don't think I've ever heard or seen that word- calender - before today! But considering that it is such a foreign concept, I guess I shouldn't be so surprised.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Happy Thanksgiving... by Gourmet_Mom (Happy Thanksgiving!!...)
Thanks, folks. Yup, we get to eat double the turkey, always a good thing. It's very hard to find a fresh turkey around these parts in October though. We had planned on brining it first, and doing the traditional Canadian side dishes (very different from those served her). but I didn't feel well, so ate a frozen version. Better than no turkey at all, and no clean up.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.