Wow - Gourment Magazine closing
  Re: (...)
Did you all here this? One of the unfortunate side effects of the internet. I for one, still love to sit down and flip pages and look at the pictures.

Condé Nast plans to announce this morning that it will close Gourmet magazine, a magazine of almost biblical status in the food world; it has been published since December 1940.

The magazine has sustained a severe decline in ad pages, but the cut still comes as a shock. There was speculation that Condé Nast would close one of its food titles — Gourmet or Bon Appétit — but most bets were on the latter. Gourmet has a richer history than Bon Appétit, and its editor, Ruth Reichl, is powerful in the food world.

In addition to Gourmet, Condé Nast plans to announce it will also close Cookie, Modern Bride and Elegant Bride. Cookie is a relatively new introduction, started in 2005, while the bridal magazines were seen as offshoots of the bigger Brides magazine, which Condé Nast also owns.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Wow - Gourment Magazine closing by esgunn (Did you all here thi...)
No way!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Wow - Gourment Magazine closing by luvnit (No way!...)
Oh my, I have Gourmets from the 70s still hanging around. wow, end of another era.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wow - Gourment Magazine closing by cjs (Oh my, I have Gourme...)
Unbelievable!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wow - Gourment Magazine closing by Gourmet_Mom (Unbelievable!...)
  Re: Re: Wow - Gourment Magazine closing by HomeCulinarian ([img]/ubbthreads/ima...)
Well this is just a bummer. I love their holiday additions so much. I still have several I've kept because the aritcles were so good.
  Re: Re: Wow - Gourment Magazine closing by DFen911 (Well this is just a ...)
oh no!

I just heard this one - Sorry to see this one go.

Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: Wow - Gourment Magazine closing by mjkcooking (oh no! [br][br]I ju...)
I am sad to see this one go. Hopefully the old recipes will remain available on Epi. If they had to choose, I would have rather see the "new improved" Bon Appetit go, but no one asked me.
  Re: Re: Wow - Gourment Magazine closing by Cubangirl (I am sad to see this...)
Ruth R. had really turned Gourmet around and Coleman (from Saveur) added a lot of flair. I like Bon Appetit a lot, but it hasn't been the same since William Garry died. Maybe Ruth and Coleman will slide over to BA--that would be a great move.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Wow - Gourment Magazine closing by Old Bay (Ruth R. had really t...)
Whooee, look who's home!! Now we can look forward to another trip diary!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com