October 1st Dinner?
  Re: (...)
We probably will have some kind of sausage for dinner - maybe Roberto's, haven't made that for the longest time.

I made 4 1/2 lbs. of frankfurters yesterday -
here's one just done being simmered wrapped in plastic wrap
[Image: hotdog1.jpg]

Looks like a hot dog to me - and it was tasty.
[Image: hotdog2.jpg]

Today I have enough ground pork to make 4 more kinds of sausage. The freezer shelf was gettin' real empty.

What are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: October 1st Dinner? by cjs (We probably will hav...)
I'm in a sausage mood too. I'm making C@H's Sausage Minestra Soup and garlic toast.
  Re: Re: October 1st Dinner? by Trixxee (I'm in a sausage moo...)
well now, there's an idea for tonight! Although we did just have it a couple weeks ago.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: October 1st Dinner? by cjs (well now, there's an...)
This is odd...I'm making sausage, too...LOL! I've cooked up some Italian sausage and will throw that in with some of Jean's Marinara for spaghetti. I'll have a side salad. I'm pooped and feel lucky to have this going.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: October 1st Dinner? by Gourmet_Mom (This is odd...I'm ma...)
The supermarket had a great special on Barilla whole-wheat spaghetti. Since it's usually SO much more than the local pasta, I've never tried it (had used Barilla pasta in the States, but still had never tried the Integrali). Finally, the price was such that I could afford it, so I got some.

Dinner, tonight, was some of the Barilla Integrali spaghetti served with meat sauce to which I added some of the Italian sausage I had in the freezer and (just to use up the carton) a little bit of heavy cream. Yum!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: October 1st Dinner? by labradors (The supermarket had ...)
Labs,

The Barilla Omega pasta (yellow box) is awesome!! It tastes just like regular pasta but I think it cooks about a minute sooner than they say on the box.

Mmm!! Mmm!! Tasty!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: October 1st Dinner? by labradors (The supermarket had ...)
I told you I was tired...could have been that I didn't sleep well.

ANYWAY, I only fixed one batch of Jean's Marinara. (I always do a double batch.) I had WAY too much sausage for the sauce, and I was looking at it thinking, "It's WAY too chunky!" Then I remembered Labs saying he added the last of a carton of cream in his sauce. I checked, and sure enough, I had an open carton of half and half that needed to be used up. So I dumped it in and VOILA! Problem solved! Thanks Labs! Dinner was saved! Although I have made sauce this way before, I don't think I would have thought of it if you hadn't mentioned it...just too tired.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: October 1st Dinner? by Gourmet_Mom (I told you I was tir...)
LOL, Daphne! Glad I could help. It was just borrowing the idea from Bolognese sauce, but it does add a nice touch to the sauce.

Barbara, thanks for the info about the other pasta. I don't recall ever seeing that here, but I just may have missed it. This Integrail was wonderful. I should go back and buy more while the special is still on. Usually, it's about four times the price of the local pasta, so I don't bother, but this special made it only 30% more than the local pasta. Good deal! Time to stock up and put it into the freezer for safekeeping.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: October 1st Dinner? by labradors (LOL, Daphne! Glad I...)
All this sausage talk, what does it mean, what could it mean?
  Re: Re: October 1st Dinner? by Trixxee (All this sausage tal...)
I found a package of C@H basic meatballs in the freezer - homemade roasted tomato sauce - demi baguetts - equals meatball subs and a salad. They were tasty!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.