OT - Czech Republic Vacation
  Re: (...)
We (mom, sister, niece and I) left on Friday morning the 18th and returned on Saturday the 26th. The primary reason we made the trip was because it was my mom's lifetime wish to go to Bohemia, the home of her mother's ancestors. Mom turns 80 this year, so we thought we'd better get to it!

Here is a link to the photos I've posted on Facebook of our trip. Facebook Photos I also took photos of all of the food we had and will get those posted sometime soon - before I forget what we ate!

There were many memorable moments, but the best part was that the four of us got along beautifully, never a cross word. And, when we got home, I asked Mom if the trip was what she had hoped for, and she replied it was everything she hoped for and so much more. What could possibly be better than that?

Now, I need to get caught up with you all ...
  Re: OT - Czech Republic Vacation by HomeCulinarian (We (mom, sister, nie...)
Oh Jeanette, it looks like you all had the trip of a lifetime!! How great for your mom and all of you really.

I'm ready for some beef, sour cream and Cranberries with dumplings, please -
[Image: Jeanettes.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: OT - Czech Republic Vacation by cjs (Oh Jeanette, it look...)
"I asked Mom if the trip was what she had hoped for, and she replied it was everything she hoped for and so much more. What could possibly be better than that?" It brought tears to my eyes! What a wonderful thing for you all to do for your mom and each other! Now off to check out the pics!

Great pictures Jeanette! The castle and church pictures are gorgeous. I love the square shots as well...kinda reminds me of a larger, far more beautiful version of Rainbow Row in Charleston, SC. And that pic of your sister and niece in front of the closed food vendor....HILARIOUS!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: OT - Czech Republic Vacation by Gourmet_Mom ("I asked Mom if the ...)
Quote:

And that pic of your sister and niece in front of the closed food vendor....HILARIOUS!

Can you say "weeeeener"? My sister is really pretty silly.
  Re: Re: OT - Czech Republic Vacation by HomeCulinarian ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Ok first - your mom is ADORABLE!! I am loving the pictures of all you guys out and about.

Oh you should have tried the sausage, and not sure what sish is but heck "when in Rome" or Czech

Was that Mom doing shots? Atta girl!

The wiener shot....ah there's one on every vacation I think or at least a reference to it

So glad you are all back safe and sound. It's such a wonderful, fantastic thing you did taking your mom on that trip. You guys are good peoples