Meeting Maryann!
  Re: (...)
Sounds like a song, doesn't it...LOL!

Well, I couldn't decide whether to post my pictures here (the other visiting C@H friends thread) or in a new thread. Then I decided it would be cool to have all the recent C@H visits together. If you think I should start a new thread, let me know. (A little bird told me my visit was hard to find...thanks Madmax and Jean!! So here it is again in it's own thread!)

ANYWAY...I GOT TO MEET MARYANN AND RON TODAY (SUNDAY)!!!!!! YAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!

What a cute couple they are...high school sweethearts, just like us! I knew Maryann and I had a lot to talk about and would hit it off right off, but the BIG surprise was Ron and William!!! They had lots in common and talked the whole time. It was like meeting up with old friends! It's a shame they don't live closer, I think William and Ron would become good friends! I'm sure Maryann would be one of those friends...you know, you're always over at each other's house, eating and drinking and having fun all the time!

We met at Joe's Crab Shack at Barfoot Landing for lunch. (BTW, Maryann, the trip only took 45 minutes. William thinks it's hilarious, my incapacity to judge time and distance...LOL!) Maryann and I chatted about kids, work, etc. and before you knew it, lunch was over. The weather was iffy when we got there, but it had turned gorgeous after lunch. It was with a great amount of regret, we could not join them at the condo and spend more time together on the beach. Sadly, school work was/is waiting for me. But it was GREAT getting to spend time with them.

Maryann is a cute, spunky, LITTLE lady. Her personality is just like it is on here..sweet and generous of heart. Ron is a rugged handsome devil with the prettiest blue eyes I've ever seen! I got the feeling he's a little devil, too...LOL! The turkey's going to call one of the twins in the morning on her way to work...she's a teacher, too...and tease her about being at the beach!!!! (But to be fair, he calls her every day...isn't that the sweetest daddy!)

Maryann said to tell you all HI! They should be back next Sunday! (I know, I'm a stinker for posting without her! But I'm sure she'll give a full report when she gets back.) They've got a great week of perfect fall weather coming up this week...I'm very envious!

Here's some pics of our visit.

[Image: DSC02911.jpg]

[Image: DSC02912.jpg]

[Image: DSC02913.jpg]

A funny aside...I went to the restroom when we got there, and just as I thought, Maryann and Ron arrived while I was gone...LOL! But William was cool and quickly made introductions. When I got back to the table, the waiter delivered tea for William and myself....he'd ordered while I was gone. Maryann quickly commented..."What...no cocktails!?!?!" Needless to say, drinks arrived soon after...LOL!!!!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Meeting Maryann! by Gourmet_Mom (Sounds like a song, ...)
Cool! Great pics.

Actually, it sounds more like a new show in the Fall television line up. First, there were Judging Amy and Crossing Jordan. Now, there's Meeting Maryann.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Meeting Maryann! by labradors (Cool! Great pics.[b...)
Was there also a show, Discussing Denise ??

That's funny - Tea, Willlam??? Better not order that when the Denhams hit town.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Meeting Maryann! by cjs (Was there also a sho...)
"Discussing Denise" Oh Jean, do we really want to go there....ROFLOL!?!?!?

"Tea, Willlam???" He knows better now....LOL! He won't be making THAT mistake again!

BAR'S OPEN!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Meeting Maryann! by cjs (Was there also a sho...)
Thanx for the pix,Daph!! How fun it looks, I'm so jealous. We just loved both Maryann and Ron when we met them in Ohio last year.
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Meeting Maryann! by farnfam (Thanx for the pix,Da...)
Cis, I have looked and looked. I can't find that thread where you guys posted your pics of your visit! Any ideas?
Daphne
  Re: Re: Meeting Maryann! by Gourmet_Mom (Cis, I have looked a...)
Great photos, Daphne! Looks like a gorgeous day too. I had never seen a picture of you so it is nice to place a face to a name. Maryann does look tiny, how tall are you Daphne?
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Meeting Maryann! by chef_Tab (Great photos, Daphne...)
I just noticed something in the restaurant picture...are those dime tips in the money trays?????? Big tippers your dates were????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Meeting Maryann! by cjs (I just noticed somet...)
Try enlarging the picture, Jean. Those are the tabs that are built into the money trays to hold the receipt.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Meeting Maryann! by labradors (Try enlarging the pi...)
(made a better story the other way... )
www.achefsjourney.com