Tuesday Dinner?
  Re: (...)
What's everyone up to tonight? We're having 'Frisco burgers on parmesan sourdough with onions, pickles, 1000 Island. I'm in the mood for a good burger (well, not yet because it's only 10:00am but I will be in the mood come dinner time). And since that's not exactly light, just a small green salad on the side.
  Re: Tuesday Dinner? by Trixxee (What's everyone up t...)
We're having another container of Ahab's wife's Seafood chowder with whatever pieces of bread I can find in the freezer.

I have to do a couple more chocolate recipes today, so that will be an easy, fast dinner.

Shame on you, Trixxee! You live in California (albeit that part of the state) and you use that word?????
***whisper: 'frisco'*******
I'm indeed shocked.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner? by cjs (We're having another...)
Same as last night, the chicken/ veg leftovers.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner? by Lorraine (Same as last night, ...)
But that's what they're called! I guess I could call them Golden Gate Burgers.
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner? by Trixxee (But that's what they...)
"Golden Gate Burgers" - now that sounds good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner? by cjs ("Golden Gate Burgers...)
That's funny, Trixxee. I am so burnt after getting progress reports out today...had some MAJOR glitches, so I had NO clue what I was going to do. When I called William, "the employee" requested burgers and dogs. So, I'm off to make chili for the dogs and come to a decision whether to stuff the burgers with blue cheese. If that's not bad enough, we'll have fries! BUT I did get lettuce and tomatoes to put on the burgers (or for a salad)....so it's a LITTLE healthy.

Uh, never mind the healthy...I just remembered I've got some bacon that needs to be used! I'm thinking Bacon Blue Cheese Burgers for sure!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner? by Gourmet_Mom (That's funny, Trixxe...)
Monday was burgers and fries at our house! Daphne - I had bacon blue cheese - it was delicious!!

Yesterday was a tray of smoked brisket enchiladas from the freezer. They were yummy.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner? by esgunn (Monday was burgers a...)
I didn't see this post yesterday. I couldn't figure out how to post it myself since I still have a bit trouble with this new to me website.
Anyway, it was home made pasta and red sauce, flavored by the pork roast I made two nights before. Home made Popeyes biscuits with cheese two ways melted on top of it and a simple salad plus for dessert the gingersnaps I made yesterday.
...of all the things to cherish most in 'this' life, it's the love of a little one...
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner? by WannaBeTVChef (I didn't see this po...)
" plus for dessert the gingersnaps I made yesterday." - and did they turn out the way you wanted them???
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner? by cjs (" plus for dessert t...)
Erin, I got to thinking about it. The last time I did the blue cheese burgers, I stuffed the blue cheese in them. While there was a wonderful blue cheese flavor, all the cheese melted into the burger. SO, this time I decided to just put a slab on top of the burger topped with bacon...then dressed the burger as usual! YUMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYY!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.