Italian Miestra recipe
  Re: (...)
Can anyone find the recipe for Italian Minestra in thier issues? Its one of my favorite recipes and for the life of me I cant find the issue with it in it... Main ingredients are orzo, tomatoes, spinach and italian sausage.. it's to die for! I would be oh so grateful if someone could post it to me.
  Re: Italian Miestra recipe by chromeangel (Can anyone find the ...)
Here you go. I'm not sure which issue it came from because I just copied and pasted this from an email I sent to a friend with the recipe included.

Sausage Minestra

For the Parmesan Croutons -
Toast in 2 T. Olive Oil, Toss with:
3 cups baguette, cubed
1/2 cup Parmesan, grated

For the Soup -
Saute in 2 T. Olive Oil, Add:
1 lb. link Italian sausage, sliced into 1" thick pieces
2 cups onion, diced
1 T. garlic, minced
2 t. dried Italian seasoning
1/2 t. kosher salt
1/2 t. red pepper flakes

Deglaze with: Stir in:
1/2 cup dry white wine
4 cups chicken broth
2 cups tomatoes seeded, diced
1/2 cup dry orzo pasta

Stir in: Serve Sou with:
3 cups fresh spinach, chopped
Parmesan Croutons

Toast baguette cubes in oil in a saute pan over medium high heat until crisp. Off heat, toss with Parmesan. Set aside.

Saute sausage in oil in a large pot over medium high heat until browned. Add the onion, garlic and seasonings; cook 3-4 minutes or until onion is soft.

Deglaze with wine and reduce until almost evaporated. Add broth, tomatoes and orzo; bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer about 10 minutes or until pasta is cooked.

Stir in spinach until wilted. Serve soup with croutons on top.
  Re: Re: Italian Miestra recipe by Trixxee (Here you go. I'm no...)
It is very good. I think it was in the first soups book, and maybe one other - a weeknights or a favoites or something. I know I have seen it more than once - but I searched the online index and it was never in a magazine issue.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Italian Miestra recipe by esgunn (It is very good. I...)
Welcome to the forum, chromeangel. Enjoy the recipe, but do come back, again, to enjoy the rest of the great food, here, and especially the great people!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?