I'm gonna soak up the sun......hopefully!
  Re: (...)
We're off tomorrow morning for Myrtle Beach. It's a 12 hour drive, but we have to take two days for the trip. My inlaws go with us, but we take separate cars to accommodate all our stuff (umbrellas, chairs, golf clubs, portable grill, etc.) and also so that we aren't joined at the hip every moment and can go our separate ways part of the time.

My father-in-law was in the hospital recently so we need to stop frequently and get out and walk for a while, which is just fine with us. There are a few places along the way that we like to visit anyway.

I will be calling Daphne Friday evening to make plans for our get-together. We are so looking forward to it!!! and know it will be a wonderful visit!!! Will be posting pics when we get back next Sunday.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: I'm gonna soak up the sun......hopefully! by Mare749 (We're off tomorrow m...)
Have a wonderful trip Maryann! And have fun Sataurday Night! How exciting. I bet Daphne is excited too!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: I'm gonna soak up the sun......hopefully! by esgunn (Have a wonderful tri...)
Maryann, I think you need to stop in State College to pick me up on the way!

Have a wonderful time and remember the camera!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: I'm gonna soak up the sun......hopefully! by chef_Tab (Maryann, I think you...)
Oh Maryann, I'm so glad you and Ron are really getting your vacation!! Have a great time and a safe trip. We'll all be thinking of you and Daphne, etal, Saturday night, that's for sure!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: I'm gonna soak up the sun......hopefully! by cjs (Oh Maryann, I'm so g...)
Have a great time Maryann. Are you sure you can't swing by and pick me up
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: I'm gonna soak up the sun......hopefully! by farnfam (Have a great time Ma...)
I wish all of you could be there and I know that Daphne feels the same way. What fun that would be to have one big forum party! Maybe some day we will all be able to fit one into our schedules. I know I would do my best to be there.

Well, have to get back to packing...
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: I'm gonna soak up the sun......hopefully! by Mare749 (I wish all of you co...)
Have a safe trip Maryann! I'll be looking forward to your call tomorrow night! I can't wait! William and I will firm up our plans tonight so we'll know for sure our plans when you call!

You know, I've been anticipating this trip for a couple of weeks. I even dreamed of Lorraine and Gil getting away for their Charleston trip and joining us. I agree with Maryann, wish you all could be there and we will be thinking of you all! I'll be posting my pics Sunday afternoon or evening at the latest!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: I'm gonna soak up the sun......hopefully! by Gourmet_Mom (Have a safe trip Mar...)
Maryann, the local weather just came on and while this weekend is going to be low 80’s and cloudy (read muggy), next week starting on Tuesday, fall temperatures will prevail! You are looking at some AWESOME weather while you are here….sunny with temps in the mid to upper 70’s! Later in the week it will get up to the low 80’s and partly cloudy, but still awesome weather! Of course, there’s always the stray shower, but it looks like you may have lucked up!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: I'm gonna soak up the sun......hopefully! by Gourmet_Mom (Maryann, the local w...)
Safe travels, Maryann. Have a great holdiay!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: I'm gonna soak up the sun......hopefully! by Lorraine (Safe travels, Maryan...)
Really . . . I do believe that Theresa and me are not ALL that out of the way! I know that I could be packed in a flash!

I'm telling you, we need a eastern central location, maybe Virginia someplace that we can all schedule a weekend next year. All those OH and PA people can carpool down there together!

Gosh, wouldn't that be fun!

Have a safe journey, Maryann. And enjoy your vacation.