ISO: Ginger Snaps
  Re: (...)
A while ago, there was a thread about "Triple-Ginger Cookies". In that thread, I asked if any of you had any tried-and-true recipe for Ginger SNAPS (i.e. NOT Gingerbread), but nobody ever responded. In fact, that became the last message in the thread.

So, this time, I'll ask in a separate thread:

Do any of you have any tried-and-true recipes for Ginger SNAPS? Not soft, chewy gingerbread with molasses in it, but hard, crispy ginger SNAPS?

Thanks!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: ISO: Ginger Snaps by labradors (A while ago, there w...)
I don't eat sweets very often. From time to time, I'll splurge on a good tried and true, if the ingredients suit my tastes. And if it's REALLY good, I'll fix it again, but not regularly. Ginger snaps is something I have indulged in a couple times in my life, but is not a regular in my house. Therefore, I have never had a desire to make them at home.

Sorry...Good luck!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: ISO: Ginger Snaps by Gourmet_Mom (I don't eat sweets v...)
Have you tried FoodNetwork's Incredibly Crisp Ginger Snaps? Cooks.com has several recipes for crisp ginger snaps. Another recipe at www.pies-cookies-squares.suite101.com/article.cfm/oldfashioned_ginger_snaps_recipe

Sounds like this group isn't a Gingersnap Fan Club (although I'd be willing to join if you'd send me a dozen!). Do a little searching on the web and I'm sure you'll find exactly what you're looking for. Good luck!
  Re: Re: ISO: Ginger Snaps by StormWarning (Have you tried FoodN...)
Have done lots of searching on the web, but had wanted a "tried-and-true" recipe - one that people I know have tried and can not only provide just a list of ingredients and instructions, but also provide reviews, reactions and comments so that I can tell if it's a recipe I, too, would like.
  Re: Re: ISO: Ginger Snaps by labradors (Have done lots of se...)
Sorry, Labs, guess we really aren't fans of ginger snaps either. I've used them a few times for crusts and guess that's about all. Good luck with your search.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: ISO: Ginger Snaps by cjs (Sorry, Labs, guess w...)
AHA! Found the problem: I had searched for "ginger snaps" not "gingersnap" (all one word). When I noticed that StormWarning had posted it that way, and that some of the Google search results showed it that way, as well, I searched here, again, and found this thread, in which Linda had posted a recipe that sounds like just the right one, especially considering Maryann's reply.

Maryann, did you ever make those (two years ago or so), and what was Ron's opinion of them?
  Re: Re: ISO: Ginger Snaps by labradors (AHA! Found the prob...)
Oh my, Linda's ginger snap recipe is the best! After I made that one, I never even bothered with any others. Never been a ginger snap fan myself, but these cookies got me hooked. Even my granddaughter, Katie who doesn't care for ginger snaps, just asked me for these recently. They are one of Ron's very favorites and so easy to make. Need to be making some again very soon!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: ISO: Ginger Snaps by Mare749 (Oh my, Linda's ginge...)
Great! Glad I found it, then. Probably making these this weekend.
  Re: Re: ISO: Ginger Snaps by labradors (Great! Glad I found...)
I love gingersnaps. I must look and see if I can find one that I've used several times. If I find it, I'll post. Otherwise, I'll be trying the ones listed from the food network pages that someone posted.
...of all the things to cherish most in 'this' life, it's the love of a little one...
  Re: Re: ISO: Ginger Snaps by labradors (Great! Glad I found...)
I have a great gingersnap recipe - but the cookbook is in a box in a pile somewhere in the hallway. Martha Stewart had a recipe in one of her earlier cookbooks that is great - Bob loves them - everyone loves them because they are crisp and wonderful.

I think the secret to them is to roll the balls of dough in sugar (I use the Mexican coarse cane sugar) and then baking them. I could sure use a few of those right now!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!