Asian Pork Tenderloin and Asian Noodle Salad
  Re: (...)
Made these yesterday from Issue 22. They were awesome. The only change I would make to the recipe is use 1/2 of the dressing and double the noodles. We both gave this one a 9. Will post if anyone wants it.
Shannon
  Re: Asian Pork Tenderloin and Asian Noodle Salad by Dismc (Made these yesterday...)
Sounds great! Please do post it. Thanks!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Asian Pork Tenderloin and Asian Noodle Salad by labradors (Sounds great! Pleas...)
I've had this one marked all this time!! Haven't done it yet.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Asian Pork Tenderloin and Asian Noodle Salad by cjs (I've had this one ma...)
My kind of food! Yes, please post it for us.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Asian Pork Tenderloin and Asian Noodle Salad by Mare749 (My kind of food! Ye...)
Here you go...This is definitely a keeper.

ASIAN PORK TENDERLOIN
6 Servings

Trim, Tie and Grill:
2 pork tenderloins (2-3 pounds total)

For the Yakitori Marinade:
2 cups dry sherry
1 cup soy sauce
6 T sugar
2 T fresh ginger, coarse chop
3 cloves garlic, coarse chop
3 scallions, coarse chop

For the Grilling Sauce:
Add to 1/2 of Yakitori Marinade:
1 cup plum preserves

For the Gremolada:
Chop by Hand and Combine:
1 T lemon zest (about 1 lemon)
1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts
1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
2 T fresh ginger, peeled, grated

1. Trim tenderloins of fat and silverskin. Fold over the narrow tail end of the tenderloin and tie in place over the body, using kitchen twine. Continue tying the rest of the tenderloins at 1 1/2 inch intervals.

2. Bring yakitori ingredients to a simmer over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes, reducing slightly. Strain and cool.

3. Marinate tied pork tenderloins in a resealable plastic bag with half of the cooled Yakitori sauce. Seal the bag and marinate in refrigerator for one hour.

4. Mix other half of yakitori sauce with plum preserves (I used plum sauce as I couldn't easily find the plum preserves). Bring to simmer to dissolve preserves. Reduce to pancake syrup consistency (about 20 minutes).

5. Preheat grill to medium-high. Place the tenderloins on the grill, cover and cook four minutes. Then rotate tenderloins, cover and cook another four minutes. Rotate a final time and cook to the doneness you want. (suggests 145 degrees). Brush on some of the yakitori plum sauce on final rotation. When done, let sit 5 minutes and slice.

ASIAN NOODLE SALAD
4 Cups

Cut:
1 cup bok choy, shredded and diced
3/4 cups snow peas, halved
1/2 cup red peppers, cut in narrow strips
1/2 cup carrots, cut in matchsticks
1/2 cup bean sprouts (optional)
1/4 cup scallions, sliced
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, leaves only

Cook in Boiling water 3 minutes: cool
1 3 oz. package ramen noodles (I'd use 2) discarding the seasoning packet

For the Hot and Sweet Dressing:
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
2 T chili garlic paste or sauce
2 T smooth peanut butter
1 T toasted sesame oil
2 cloves garlic
11/2 t dry mustard
1 t soy sauce
1/4 t kosher salt
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, leaves only

1. If you make this salad ahead of time, keep the vegetables, noodles and dressing separate until you're ready to serve. This salad tastes great chilled or at room temp. It goes perfectly with the Asian Pork Tenderloin, but can be served by itself or with other entrees. (I would use only half as much dressing next time.)

2. Break noodles in half into boiling water. Cook for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water to stop cooking.

3. Dressing can be mixed by hand or with a food processor. Blend all ingredients except cilantro until smooth. Now, add cilantro and pulse so dressing doesn't turn muddy.

4. Combine noodles, vegetables, and dressing. Toss by hand to prevent crushing. Serve right away (within an hour) or it'll get mushy and all the colors will start to bleed.

To Serve Pork and Salad:

First plate the colorful salad (you can put it into a cup of bibb or other soft lettuce).
Add the sliced glazed pork, then top both with gremolada. Garnish the Yakitori Plum Sauce (served in a little bowl on each plate) with tiny slices of scallions.
Shannon
  Re: Re: Asian Pork Tenderloin and Asian Noodle Salad by Dismc (Here you go...This i...)
That sounds wonderful! Thanks for posting.
  Re: Re: Asian Pork Tenderloin and Asian Noodle Salad by karyn (That sounds wonderfu...)
Thanks for typing this in! It sounds VERY good! I'm thinking next Saturday! I just happen to have several tenderloins in the freezer, so will only need to pick up the veggies and ramen!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Asian Pork Tenderloin and Asian Noodle Salad by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks for typing th...)
That DOES sound great! Now I'll have to see if plum preserves are available anywhere around here - that's the only questionable item for the pork dish.

For the salad, I'll have to substitute napa cabbage in place of the bok choy.

I've had a couple similar salads before, and they are really good. This one has a lot more in it than most, but still looks interesting.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Asian Pork Tenderloin and Asian Noodle Salad by labradors (That DOES sound grea...)
I made this the other night - was a wonderful dish - we will make again.

Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: Asian Pork Tenderloin and Asian Noodle Salad by mjkcooking (I made this the othe...)
This was AWESOME! I didn't heed the warning to halve the dressing, but I'm glad I didn't. I only used half the dressing for the salad and saved the rest...it is sooo good! I got way more salad ingredients than I needed, so we're having this again tomorrow night for a side salad with London Broil. When I gave William a choice, he picked this...LOL! It's THAT good! And the marinade, ESPECIALLY after simmering it with the Plum Sauce (I had to sub this, too.), was ridiculously good! I could DRINK THE STUFF! It is WAY better than my usual Yakitori sauce! I had to sub yellow peppers, that's what I had, but I also had some diced pimento, so I added that for color. It would be even prettier with the red bell pepper.

Obviously, this is a do-over! It was definitely photo worthy, too! Such a pretty dish. So much could be done ahead, it would be a perfect dish for entertaining. We give this one a 10 for sure! And Wililam has only given one other 10 before!

[Image: AsianPork2.jpg]
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.