Sunday Dinner - 9/20??
  Re: (...)
We're having some kind of pizza for dinner, not sure what toppings.

For Sunday brunch, we're having Curried Lentil "Burritos" (Issue #50) - I figured with the tortillas dipped in egg, it can be a brunch thing too.

What is everyone else up to toay?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner - 9/20?? by cjs (We're having some ki...)
Swordfish, but not sure how yet. There's a C@H recipe for marinated then grilled tuna with wasabi butter. I might try to use that. Anyone know if the swordfish should marinate more or less than tuna?
How do you all cook your swordfish???
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner - 9/20?? by farnfam (Swordfish, but not s...)
Quote:

How do you all cook your swordfish???

If it's a SWORDfish, wouldn't that had something to do with FOIL?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner - 9/20?? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I shoulda known you'd find something, Rob!.

............Curses!! FOILED, again (snort, snarf)

Anyone else care to take a "stab" at it?
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner - 9/20?? by farnfam ([img]/ubbthreads/ima...)
I marinate both about 30 minutes and we love it grilled.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner - 9/20?? by cjs (I marinate both abou...)
We had BLT's for brunch today. My inlaws still had some tomatoes in their garden ripening up and we got those last night. Absolutely delish, I'm still not tired of them.

We're going to the lake for the rest of the afternoon, so we'll probably have Grandma Murray's chili when we get home. I made that yesterday to use whenever we wanted it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner - 9/20?? by Mare749 (We had BLT's for bru...)
I don't know - we just got home and got unloaded from camping and I'm tired (and hot it's in the mid 90's). I should not have had that glass of wine when I got home but I needed it frankly.

I have some chicken breasts thawing. I don't have a lot in the house right now but I could pull chicken piccata together. The only fresh veggies I have are some radishes and a 1/2 a cucumber. I guess I could make a small salad from that. I feel so guilty when we don't have a veggie.

Again, I'm too hot and tired to buy any veggies though!
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner - 9/20?? by Trixxee (I don't know - we ju...)
Awww, Trixxee, don't feel badly about the vege! It's not like it happens often, I am sure. I know how you feel though, I am the same. I usually follow a day like that with a vegetarian day. As if it makes up for something!

We are meeting new friends(yeah!!!) for dinner at the Mt. Nittany Inn for dinner. It will be a first visit for us. I am including the link for any who are interested.

http://www.mountnittanyinn.com/

I cannot believe how busy and fun my life has been since moving here. When I have more than a few minutes, I need to summarize and post pics.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
I know what you mean Trixxee. I feel the same way, but some days I'm doing good to get anything on the table.

We went to visit my aging ailing uncle today. When I get time, I'll post pictures of my TWO grandfather's farms. (My uncle lives at one and has changed it quite a lot. My mother owns the other....sad situation that one, so don't be shocked.) Luckily, it's Sunday burgers. If you think your dinner is sad, Trixxee, I picked up a bag of chips, but I do think I've got some salad left....if William didn't snag it for the chickens....OOPS! I did tell him to clear out the fridge...DUH! At least I've got some gorgeous peaches. I hope they taste as good as they look! I've been wanting to grill some and drizzle with a balsamic syrup/reduction (?), so two will be served that way.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Quote:

I don't know - we just got home and got unloaded from camping and I'm tired (and hot it's in the mid 90's). I should not have had that glass of wine when I got home but I needed it frankly.

I have some chicken breasts thawing. I don't have a lot in the house right now but I could pull chicken piccata together. The only fresh veggies I have are some radishes and a 1/2 a cucumber. I guess I could make a small salad from that. I feel so guilty when we don't have a veggie.

Again, I'm too hot and tired to buy any veggies though!

Pssst! Trixee! There's this thing called "Call Out"! Trust me, it works!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.