Dinner Plans - T.G.I.F. 9/11??
  Re: (...)
Roy can't stand seeing another heirloom tomato on the island without a BLT in sight, so that's what we're having tonight.

What are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner Plans - T.G.I.F. 9/11?? by cjs (Roy can't stand seei...)
You just helped me decide!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Dinner Plans - T.G.I.F. 9/11?? by Mare749 (You just helped me d...)
Oh, I just posted it in another thread. It's going to be linguine with cream zuke pesto and sea legs, or maybe shrimp, topped with crispy fried zuke skins. Doesn't that sound yummy.
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Dinner Plans - T.G.I.F. 9/11?? by farnfam (Oh, I just posted it...)
Now I have to ask what you put in your zuke pesto. And what a cool idea to fry the skins! (Never mind...I got it in the other thread!

I was supposed to make something with pork tenderloins. I wanted to repeat a recipe I made this summer that we LOVED, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was...not one ingredient other than the tenderloin!!!! I'm going to do a search on here and see if I posted it in a "What's for dinner" thread. If not, I'll start digging through my magazines.

Since I don't want to go back to the store when I figure it out, I stopped and picked up some thick steaks and baking potatoes. We'll have a salad and call it dinner!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Dinner Plans - T.G.I.F. 9/11?? by Gourmet_Mom (Now I have to ask wh...)
Dinner in between shows at night two of the Guitar Festival. Probably a salad at the Intermezzo food concession or a nearby restaurant. Tonight we get to see The National (The Long Count) and Keb' Mo'. And, if we can stay up that late, the after glow show is The Sisters Euclid.
  Re: Re: Dinner Plans - T.G.I.F. 9/11?? by HomeCulinarian (Dinner in between sh...)
TGIF is right!

We're having Buitoni three cheese tortellini with homemade marinara. Tony tells me there are three meatballs in that container so we shall see. It's still partially frozen - I can't really tell. I have salad fixings so maybe that too - depends on the hunger level.
  Re: Re: Dinner Plans - T.G.I.F. 9/11?? by Trixxee (TGIF is right![br][b...)
I made Hawaiian Chicken in the crock pot. It wasn't bad - maybe an 6.5. Which is pretty good for a crock pot meal. The kids really liked it. Sort of a cross between sweet and sour chicken and terriyaki chicken. It was just chicken thights (the recipe called for breasts)with canned mandarin oranges and pineapple in a sauce wthe soy sauce, brown sugar, ground ginger etc.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Dinner Plans - T.G.I.F. 9/11?? by esgunn (I made Hawaiian Chic...)
Well, I forgot I had chicken thighs thawed out, so the BLTs will have to wait for tonight (Saturday) - last night we grilled the chix and used the All-Purpose Cuisine BBQ sauce from C@H Grilling book #3. Great flavor - just a word of warning to those who need it, the recipe is a little heavy on the cayenne, but we liked it. Added grilled corn and heirlooms, what a great light meal.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com