Pancetta-Wrapped Peaches
  Re: (...)
Oh, this is a wonderful appy - I played with it yesterday. Let a few chill and tried heating them in a 375° oven, but the peaches got a little too mushy, so this one needs to be prepped ahead (maybe a couple of hours, sauteed and served immediately.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Pancetta-Wrapped Peaches with Basil and Aged Balsamic

16 thin slices pancetta
2 medium freestone peaches-halved -- pitted and cut into 8 wedges each
Salt and freshly ground pepper
16 basil leaves
1 tablespoon olive oil
Aged balsamic vinegar -- for drizzling

Lay the pancetta slices out on a work surface. Set a peach wedge at the edge of each slice, season with salt and pepper and top with a basil leaf. Roll up the pancetta to enclose the peaches.

In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil. Add half of the wrapped peaches and cook over moderate heat, turning occasionally, until the pancetta is browned and crisp, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a platter and repeat with the remaining peaches.

Lightly drizzle the peaches with aged balsamic vinegar and serve.

Description:
"Stuart Brioza, chef at San Francisco's Rubicon restaurant, sears sweet summer peaches in pancetta with fresh basil leaves for a crispy, juicy hors d'oeuvre. They would also be an unexpected addition to a frisée or baby escarole salad."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Pancetta-Wrapped Peaches by cjs (Oh, this is a wonder...)
MMMMMMM! This one is copied and saved...to make as soon as I can get my hands on pancetta! "They would also be an unexpected addition to a frisée or baby escarole salad." This part sounds especially good!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Pancetta-Wrapped Peaches by Gourmet_Mom (MMMMMMM! This one i...)
This is a little bit like the peaches appy I posted, right? I used ready to eat bacon and it was quick and easy too. Yum, I like the idea of the balsamic too
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Pancetta-Wrapped Peaches by farnfam (This is a little bit...)
Perfect example of why I need to put recipes with my goodies in the freezer - I thought this looked really interesting...and I'm the one that posted it! geez (it's only three months old)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Pancetta-Wrapped Peaches by cjs (Perfect example of w...)
LOL! It's been a busy holiday! That would be my excuse!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.