Latest Catch
  Re: (...)
Just trying to squeeze out the last bit of summer from the Great White North. Out in the canoe yesterday and this is what I caught!! Oh, and Lola behaved well yesterday too, no jumping out of the boat
Btw, that big one is over 18"
[Image: fishandparty006.jpg]
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Latest Catch by farnfam (Just trying to squee...)
Holy Cow, Cis! That sucker is HUGE! I bet that was fun! And I guess we know what you're having for dinner...LOL!

Good on you Lola! Just because the boat/canoe stops, does not mean it's time for a swim! Cricket had to get over that, also! Now she knows where our special swimming spot is and waits until we get there to start going crazy to get off the boat...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Latest Catch by Gourmet_Mom (Holy Cow, Cis! That...)
Oh Cis, they look wonderful!!! You stretch out summer as long as possible, I don't blame you.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Latest Catch by cjs (Oh Cis, they look wo...)
Fantastic! Be sure to tell us what you do with them. Glad you are still enjoying summer.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Latest Catch by Mare749 (Fantastic! Be sure ...)
Now I'm hungry But I love the view behind you too. All that green and the flowers. And does Lola get some fish?
  Re: Re: Latest Catch by DFen911 (Now I'm hungry [img]...)
Glad you've enjoyed looking at my catch. Mostly I bread them and "oven fry" them. They are so sweet and tasty, you don't need to fuss.
Lola thinks fish are gross, she acts absolutely repulsed that one is in the canoe. The first time we ever landed one when she was with us, she jumped right out of the boat, she was that disgusted
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Latest Catch by farnfam (Glad you've enjoyed ...)
Hahahaha!! Now that is hysterical. If my Snaggers were still alive she would have eaten the big one
  Re: Re: Latest Catch by DFen911 (Hahahaha!! Now that ...)
That is too funny! Cricket LOVES to fish. She actually walks around in the shallows and pounces on minnows and small fish. When we catch one on the pier, she goes nuts...barking and carrying on! Then she tries to play with it...LOL! What really drives her nuts is when we throw one back....LOL!!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Latest Catch by Gourmet_Mom (That is too funny! ...)
Nice fish Cis! I don't know what's happening with our weather. It was in the low 60's for a couple of weeks, then rainy for a week, now it's in the 90's.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Latest Catch by farnfam (Just trying to squee...)
Those are magnificent!!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".