1/2 cup blackberrys
2 Tablespoon black berry or raspberry vinegar or Lemon Juice
2 Tablespoons sugar
1/4 cup white wine
1 Teaspoon crushed garlic
pinch of salt
pinch of freshly ground black pepper
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cold, cut into 1 inch chunks
To make the butter sauce, puree the blackberries in a blender with the vinegar or Lemon Juice, sugar, wine, garlic, salt and pepper. Strain the puree into a small saucepan. Boil rapidly over high heat until the puree is reduced to 1/4 cup. Reduce heat to low and whisk the butter into the reduced puree a few chunks at a time.

Serve the salmon browned side up with black berry butter and a few whole black berries.

Sauce can be make a ahead up to adding butter - wait till time to use and then finish off with butter.

Recipe from Greg Atkinson - Chef and Cook book Author

great recipe
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Black Berry Butter Sauce - on Salmon by mjkcooking (1/2 cup blackberrys[...)
OOOH Thank you Thank You!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Black Berry Butter Sauce - on Salmon by mjkcooking (1/2 cup blackberrys[...)
You know, this sounded strange when you listed it, but now....I'm feeling the need to try this. It sounds really good! NOW I have a need to get salmon....just to try this! To not be in the mood for salmon the other day, now I have TWO recipes making me want to run out to buy salmon! Thanks Marye!!!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Black Berry Butter Sauce - on Salmon by Gourmet_Mom (You know, this sound...)
"salmon browned side up" OOPS! Forgot to ask:

I'm curious how he prepared the salmon now. Sorry, I'm probably having a "Senior Moment" here, but indulge me...LOL! I can't decide if he grilled or sauteed it...with or without the skin....floured or not....I'm pathetic...I can think of a number of other ways he could have prepared it....LOL!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Black Berry Butter Sauce - on Salmon by Gourmet_Mom ("salmon browned side...)
"I can think of a number of other ways he could have prepared it.." and I'll bet any of the ways would be great with the sauce, Daphne.

Wish you were closer, I'm sitting here with a 1/2 a shelf of salmon in the freezer. I would think skin on or off would be a personal preference - we love the skin on. I prefer not to turn salmon, so I grill with the skin on.

Thanks Marye, this sounds so tasty!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Black Berry Butter Sauce - on Salmon by cjs ("I can think of a nu...)
"I prefer not to turn salmon, so I grill with the skin on."

Same here. Oh, and you DID have to point out all that salmon in the freezer you guys caught the other weekend, huh?
Daphne
  Re: Re: Black Berry Butter Sauce - on Salmon by Gourmet_Mom ("I prefer not to tur...)
here is recipe for salmon - we used sockeye

Pan seared Salmon

Serves 4

4 6 oz. pieces of wild salmon filet with the skin on

1 Tablespoon sugar
2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
1 Teaspoon freshly ground pepper
2 Tablespoon oil (olive, peanut or canola)

Use a pair of tweezer or hemostats to remove any pin bones in the salmon. Sprinkly the fleshly side of the filets with sugar, salt and pepper. Put the oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat and cook the salmon, seasoned side down (skin side up) until forms a browned crust and slips easily from the bottom of the pan about 4 minutes. Transfer the salmon from the saute pan to a baking sheet, placing the seared salmon skin side down.

When all the salmon pieces are browned, they may be finished at once, held at room temperature for up to half an hour. or parked in the refrigerator for several hours. To finish the filets, preheat the over to 400 and bake the salmon until it is sizzling on its skin and is just cooked through about 5 minutes.

to serve, slip a spatula between the salmon filet and the skin, which should be stuck fast to the baking sheet. If some of the skin comes off the pan with the salmon pull it gently from the filet. Serve the Salmon, browned side up with the blackberry butter.

this is the recipe we used was very tasty and easy.

hope this helps.

Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: Black Berry Butter Sauce - on Salmon by mjkcooking (here is recipe for s...)
Perfect! Thanks Marye!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Black Berry Butter Sauce - on Salmon by Gourmet_Mom (Perfect! Thanks Mary...)
Wow, what an incredible combination-- blackberry and salmon. Of course, I'll have to cut the butter way, way down but I think that I can manage...

Thanks so much for the idea!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com