Oh my! Newest state fair treat: fried butter?
  Re: (...)
Quote:

You know they come up with all sorts of fried food at state fairs these days, but odds are you haven't heard of or tasted fried butter.

If your cholesterol hasn't already gone up at the mere thought, meet the guy who invented this tantalizing treat.

Abel Gonzales can be found at the Texas State Fair in Dallas serving up his 100-percent deep fried pure butter wrapped in dough.

You can order it in your choice of several flavors, from sweet cream, to cherry and garlic.

Gonzales admits some find the culinary creation less than appealing.

"It's like, 'Butter?' I mean, everybody is like, 'What? Ohhh!' That's usually the first reaction until they try it and then they see that its not what they're thinking. I'm not actually taking a big chunk of butter and putting it in a fryer, that would be kinda gross," said Gonzales.

In addition to his fried butter, Gonzales has also fried coke, peanut butter, jelly and banana sandwiches and fried cookie dough.

(Source: NBC affiliate KSBY)

Be sure to watch the video for it, as well, since it makes more sense when you actually SEE what he does.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Oh my! Newest state fair treat: fried butter? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Okay, that's kinda over the top! Looks like some people will fry anything!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Oh my! Newest state fair treat: fried butter? by Gourmet_Mom (Okay, that's kinda o...)
Julia has risen from the grave and has put Dallas on her celestial GPS--watch for her Abel--comp her one when she gets there!!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Oh my! Newest state fair treat: fried butter? by Old Bay (Julia has risen from...)
As an aside note -

In every culture in the world, there is a version of "fried dough".

Funnel Cakes for the Amish, Benieghs (sp?) in the south.

What can you think of outside America? Where is your heritage?

Fried dough from Italy my late Aunt and Uncle made in their pizza shop in Wilkes Barre, PA.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Oh my! Newest state fair treat: fried butter? by BarbaraS (As an aside note -[b...)
"In every culture in the world, there is a version of "fried dough"."

Good point. (Although, stuffed with butter is a bit "out there".)

Bill...ROFLOL!!!!!!!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Oh my! Newest state fair treat: fried butter? by Gourmet_Mom ("In every culture in...)
Churros, buñuelos and sopaipillas for Spain and Latin America; loukoumades for Greece; doughnuts for - well, everyone; papadums and samosas for India; of course, don't forget good-old, American hushpuppies. Probably lots more.
  Re: Re: Oh my! Newest state fair treat: fried butter? by labradors ([i]Churros[/i], [i]b...)
Well, shoot, can't make my volume work this a.m., so will have to listen to it later. But....you know me, looks like something I might have to try when I do hear what's going on.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Oh my! Newest state fair treat: fried butter? by cjs (Well, shoot, can't m...)
Jean, the video is just an audio of the text in Lab's quote....nothing more. The only advantage of the video is SEEING him make the stuff. I'm thinking the flavored ones would be pretty good...cherry flavored....MMMMM!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Oh my! Newest state fair treat: fried butter? by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, the video is j...)
O.K., I'll go back and look again.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Oh my! Newest state fair treat: fried butter? by cjs (O.K., I'll go back a...)
Yeah. The text on the web page is just a transcript of the audio. The video just makes it easier to make sense out of what is being said, since it shows that he is not actually deep frying just a big blob of butter, but is wrapping a pat of butter within pastry dough, sealing that, THEN frying it. That video helps to turn the "Eh?" into an "Aha!"