Labor Day Plans?
  Re: Re: Labor Day Plans? by cjs (Barbara - Brown Suga...)
Isn't that the truth!

Bob and I did a turkey the same way - but roasted it all the way in the oven (now I might think smoker) - the bourbon cider gravy was to die for.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Labor Day Plans? by Harborwitch (Isn't that the truth...)
We're doing Bologanese with pasta and a Caesar salad. Either a nice chianti, or maybe a Barolo.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Labor Day Plans? by cjs (Daphne, I'm sure you...)
Just bringing this back up. Jean is this the one you brought? - it is on page 2 of this post (also copied and pasted below): Onion Gratin.

If this is the one, Jean brougt this on Monday. I had the last of it tonight with my leftover ribs. It is so good.

If the kids had known this small amount was left in the refigerator - I would have had to fight them for it. Does that make me a bad mom???

* Exported from MasterCook *

Onion Gratin

4 cups onions -- sliced (3 large white)
5 T. butter
2 eggs
1 cup sour cream
2/3 cup Parmesan Cheese -- grated
Salt & Pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 425°

Sauté the onions in butter until transparent and place in a buttered 1 1/2-qt. au gratin dish or flat casserole.

Beat eggs until light; add sour cream and salt & pepper and combine; pour over onions and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the top begins to brown. Serves 8

Fran from Cooking.com suggested this: Sounds delicious---will have to try!!! Do you think this recipe would work cooked in mini-muffin pan, for individual appetizers?
(note to me: try the miniature soon)

Description:
"This makes a wonderful side dish for just about any meat or poultry. (used to be known as "Gourmet Onions""
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Onion Gratin by esgunn (Just bringing this b...)
Yes, this is the one. I'm making again this weekend for a memorial get together. It just goes with anything. I loved it that the kids liked it also. thanks Erin.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com