Chicken Divan Recipe Suggestions?
  Re: (...)
Good morning! I've got Chicken Divan on the mind but I don't think I've ever made it, or at least it's been 12 years or so. Does anyone have a recipe they like over any other? There are so many variations out there on the internet.

I just called my mom for hers and it contains cream of chicken soup (which I pretty much am aghast over) but I remember it tasting pretty darn good. Maybe that is the way to go?

Any thoughts or suggestion are appreciated!
  Re: Chicken Divan Recipe Suggestions? by Trixxee (Good morning! I've ...)
Trixxee, I don't think I have ever made it. Made a chicken divan soup once. C@H has a recipe for it, and if I remember right I thought it looked good - might have had a touch of curry in it, not sure.

Here is the index for it:

Chicken divan
Cuisine at home No. 53 (October 2005), pages 14-15

This classic casserole is updated with homemade sauce and rye bread crumbs. It's streamlined with rotisserie chicken and frozen broccoli.

Do you have this issue? Sorry I don't have time to type it up right now.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Chicken Divan Recipe Suggestions? by esgunn (Trixxee, I don't th...)
I make Chicken/Turkey Divan with Campbell soup still That's what the kid's like and when I "make it fancy" they just don't care for it.

From memory, you blanch broccoli and put it in a lightly greased 9 x 13 pan. Place sliced turkey or chicken over that. Then mix up 1 can each of cream of mushroom and cream of celery soup, some mayo (1/2 c I think) 1 T lemon juice and some dried minced onion or a little onion powder. Spread over casserole. Then combine dried bread crumbs with melted butter, about 1 c bread crumbs and 1/2 stick melted butter, and sprinkle on top. Sprinkle with about 1/3 cup of grated parmesan. Bake for 30-40 minutes. We like it with white rice. Comfort food!
  Re: Chicken Divan Recipe Suggestions? by Trixxee (Good morning! I've ...)
Trixxee I just posted the recipe from C@H in a seperate thread.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Chicken Divan Recipe Suggestions? by esgunn (Trixxee I just poste...)
Thanks you guys!