OT: Bad news about my landlady's daughter.
  Re: (...)
A little over a week ago, they discovered what they thought was lymphoma in my landlady's 17-year-old daughter. Because they had to go to San Pedro Sula (which is about 2 1/2 hours away), it has been difficult to get any more-detailed information, but I was able to talk to someone about it tonight, and the news is not good.

The biopsy revealed that it was not lymphoma, but stage-4 adrenocortical carcinoma that has metastasised to the stomach and several nodes in the liver. The primary tumour was 17cm x 10cm.

Please keep them in prayer.

Landlady: Maribel
Daughter with cancer: Reymi
Older daughter: Hillary
Older son: Julio
Husband/father died of cancer around 2000.

If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: OT: Bad news about my landlady's daughter. by labradors (A little over a week...)
Two cancer survivors in this house will be praying for her. For you non metric folks that is about 6 inches by 4 inches--huge for a tumor of that type.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: OT: Bad news about my landlady's daughter. by Old Bay (Two cancer survivors...)

will be keeping her in my prayers. Hope you have better news.

marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: OT: Bad news about my landlady's daughter. by mjkcooking ([br]will be keeping ...)
oh my, so young.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: OT: Bad news about my landlady's daughter. by cjs (oh my, so young....)
Sad news. I'll include this family in my prayers.
  Re: Re: OT: Bad news about my landlady's daughter. by HomeCulinarian (Sad news. I'll incl...)
What heartache for one family. I will be praying for them.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: OT: Bad news about my landlady's daughter. by esgunn (What heartache for o...)
Labs our prayers will be with all of you, especially with Reymi. #$#@@!!!%^# cancer!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: OT: Bad news about my landlady's daughter. by Harborwitch (Labs our prayers wil...)
Oh Labs, I am so sorry to learn this! Cancer is such a destructive thing...I hope they will continue to make progress in treating this disease.

Please know that your friend's family will be in our prayers.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: OT: Bad news about my landlady's daughter. by Gourmet_Mom (Oh Labs, I am so sor...)
Labs,

My thoughts are with you and your friends.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: OT: Bad news about my landlady's daughter. by BarbaraS (Labs,[br][br]My thou...)
Thank you for all your responses. As I hear more, I'll keep you informed. Unfortunately, though, because they are in another city for this, I don't get many updates.

In other news, that girl with the thyroid cancer (now about 12) and her mother just returned to the States for her every-six-months examination and treatment. They'll be there for two weeks, and I can give you more news about her when they get back.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?