Tuesday Dinner - Sept 2?
  Re: (...)
What sort of good stuff is everyone up to tonight? I am taking the easy way out so easily it's almost embarrassing, but it's 100 again today and I'm not in the mood for anything time consuming or too heavy.

I'm stealing an idea from one of our favorite Maui restaurants called The Gazebo. Pork fried rice topped with fried eggs. And I bought the rice from our favorite Chinese restaurant. Told you I was taking the easy way out!
  Re: Tuesday Dinner - Sept 2? by Trixxee (What sort of good st...)
Sounds like a good plan to me! We have been blessed with fall like weather here...70's for 3 days straight! I'm loving it! I know it's only a tease, but I'll take what I can get!

I've got a couple of flat iron steaks in a soy sauce marinade...much like Bulgogi. They'll go on the grill shortly. (William brought "the employee" home tonight, so I had to throw another steak in the marinade, last minute. I'm letting it sit as long as I can keep the "dogs" from chewing on my leg!) I'm working on using what I've got in the house these days, so it's corn on the cob and a Caesar Salad on the side. I'm sorry now that I ground up all my bread pieces in the freezer for bread crumbs to save space. Oh well...no croutons! They'll get over it.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner - Sept 2? by Gourmet_Mom (Sounds like a good p...)
Just to be clear, it is Wednesday the 2nd. Not that I care. I made some grilled chicken and the grilled corn with spicy lime dressing and broccoli. I forgot to mention when I asked for the corn recipe, that I just go ahead and mince the entire jalapeno and throw it in. It does not make it too hot imho. It was a quick, delicious, and healthy meal.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner - Sept 2? by chef_Tab (Just to be clear, it...)
Theresa, that spicy lime dressing sounds interesting, and I remember when the recipe was posted in another thread. So far, I haven't tried it yet, but when I do, I think I'll make one change to it: instead of jalapeño peppers, I'll use serranos. I like jalapeños, but the flavour of serranos is amazing. They're a little bit hotter than jalapeños, though not much, but the flavour of the serranos is on an entirely different level. YUM!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner - Sept 2? by labradors (Theresa, that spicy ...)
I love serranos.
Just for the record-Tuesday nite we had the salmon and stuffed squash blossoms I posted today.

Tonight we are having pork chop stuffed with sage, prosciutto, and fontina: we will have a home concocted fennel gratin with it (we need to use a $3 fennel bulb.) and spinach.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner - Sept 2? by Old Bay (I love serranos.[br]...)
Oh boy - a thousand pardons.
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner - Sept 2? by Trixxee (Oh boy - a thousand ...)
Quote:

Oh boy - a thousand pardons.

For what??
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner - Sept 2? by Old Bay (I love serranos.[br]...)
Quote:

I love serranos.

Same here. Such a big difference over jalapeños.

Quote:

Tonight we are having pork chop stuffed with sage, prosciutto, and fontina:

That sounds like a perfect combination! Wish I could get fontina here.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Tuesday Dinner - Sept 2? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I used a Serrano pepper in the corn salad the other night - that's all I have left in the freezer now. I love that salad!

Trixxee - it's good to see someone else screw up the calendar once in a while too!

We had a turkey casserole with Harvarti cheese for dinner - subbed a chix breast and some pizza sausage for the turkey and glad I did it, the dish did need the little ooomph that the sausage gave it. Pretty good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com