Dinner - Monday, 8/31??
  Re: (...)
Sure glad I didn't do this post earlier this a.m., I thought it was Sept. 1st!! Keep losing days.

What are you all up to for dinner??

I changed mid-stream after checking different forums - Over on Cooking.com, Norm mentioned a pizza recipe:

Oven-Dried Heirloom Tomatoes

Use these heirloom tomatoes to make an unforgettable pizza.

INGREDIENTS
Makes enough for one 12-inch pizza.
• 3 heirloom tomatoes, sliced crosswise 1/2-inch thick
• 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
2. Fit a rimmed baking sheet with a wire rack. Place tomato slices on rack and drizzle with olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Transfer to oven and bake until dry and wrinkled, about 3 hours.
First published May*2009

Oven-Dried Heirloom Tomato Pizza

Calling all pizza lovers: This heirloom-tomato-topped pie is sure to become one of your favorites.

INGREDIENTS
Makes one 12-inch pizza.
1/4 recipe Pizza Dough
Semolina flour, for dusting
Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
4 ounces thinly sliced mozzarella cheese
Oven-Dried Heirloom Tomatoes
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
DIRECTIONS
1. Place a pizza stone (available at most kitchen-supply stores) on floor of a gas oven (remove racks) or bottom rack of electric oven. Preheat oven to at least 500 degrees for 1 hour.
2. Shape dough into a round. Holding top edge of dough round in both hands, let bottom edge touch work surface. Carefully move hands around edge to form a circle, as if turning a wheel. Hold dough on back of your hand, letting its weight stretch it into a 12-inch round. Transfer dough to a pizza peel (or an inverted baking sheet) lightly dusted with semolina flour. Press out edges using your fingers. Jerk peel; if dough sticks, lift, and dust more flour underneath.
3. Drizzle olive oil over pizza dough, leaving a 1-inch border. Arrange cheese evenly over olive oil. Top with tomatoes and basil; season with salt and pepper.
4. Heat oven to broil. Align edge of peel with edge of stone. Tilt peel, jerking it gently to move pizza. When edge of pizza touches stone, quickly pull back peel to transfer pizza to stone. (Do not move pizza). Broil until crust begins to bubble, 3 to 4 minutes. Reduce temperature to 500 degrees, and bake until crust is crisp and golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes more. (If not using broiler, bake pizza for 10 to 15 minutes total.) Remove pizza from oven using peel; drizzle with additional olive oil, if desired. Slice and serve.

------

And look what I had on my counter -

[Image: blackRussiantomato.jpg]

They are in the oven right now and man is it ever smelling good in here!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner - Monday, 8/31?? by cjs (Sure glad I didn't d...)
I think I'm going to have pizza one day this week, but probably not until Friday or Saturday....meetings all every afternoon!

Tonight we're having the Pork Dip Sandwich (I may be using the sandwich thins...I'll let you know) with rice and the broccoli slaw (IF I can find the recipe!)
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Dinner - Monday, 8/31?? by cjs (Sure glad I didn't d...)
They are beautiful. Sure wish I had better luck with heirlooms
...of all the things to cherish most in 'this' life, it's the love of a little one...