The Texan Cuban - Ready to Roll!!
  Re: (...)
This is Jane & Bill's son Eric with his new mobile kitchen in Austin.

[Image: TEXANCUBAN1.jpg]

Bill will be here shortly to tell us all about the great adventure!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: The Texan Cuban - Ready to Roll!! by cjs (This is Jane & Bill'...)
He and his partner are trying to open this weekend. They will sell Cuban sandwiches to start and will include fries --other things Cuban will be added as time goes by. He wants to try the food business like this before he goes to brick and mortar. Big thing in Austin--they have the only one doing Cuban!!
Keep your fingers crossed for them.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: The Texan Cuban - Ready to Roll!! by Old Bay (He and his partner a...)
Good Luck to him! What a great adventure! Will he travel around, cater, do events, or does he have place to park it?
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: The Texan Cuban - Ready to Roll!! by esgunn (Good Luck to him! ...)
Cool! Do they ***** FedEx?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
Wishing him well!
Cis
Empress for Life
Quote:

Good Luck to him! What a great adventure! Will he travel around, cater, do events, or does he have place to park it?

It will be parked, at a business park, with parking and on a main st. (S. Lamar) in Austin.
  Re: Re: The Texan Cuban - Ready to Roll!! by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Very cool! Wishing him great success!
  Re: Re: The Texan Cuban - Ready to Roll!! by HomeCulinarian (Very cool! Wishing ...)
I wish you all well! Sounds like a great idea!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: The Texan Cuban - Ready to Roll!! by Gourmet_Mom (I wish you all well!...)
They had a "soft" opening this weekend--did very well!! Grand opening next weekend. Look at chowhounds.com and go to Austin for comments!!
  Re: Re: The Texan Cuban - Ready to Roll!! by Old Bay (They had a "soft" op...)
Good luck Bill and family! I'll check it out. A little FYI...I just read yesterday about a couple of guys who did the same thing with a Korean or Vietnamese (?) BBQ Taco truck! They now have three and are receiving an award for innovation from Bon Appetit! They are located in Southern California. One of the coolest parts about the business is that they use Twitter to let people know where the trucks will be located throughout the day. I thought this was a great marketing strategy!!!!!

BTW, for others, be sure to put a www in front of that search.

Bill, I just checked it out and it looks like they have some positive interest going for them. I've bookmarked the page and will check ever so often for updates and interest. Again...Good luck you guys!!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.