need recipe from issue 69 please!
  Re: (...)
I knew I would regret not bringing the magazines with me. I only brought my cookbooks. There is a recipe in issue 69, June 2008, on page 9, for grilled corn w/ lime cilantro. I usually make this with leftover grilled corn. Would someone be so kind as to post that for me?? Thanks in advance.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: need recipe from issue 69 please! by chef_Tab (I knew I would regre...)
Post deleted by cjs
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: need recipe from issue 69 please! *DELETED* by cjs (Post deleted by cjs...)
Here you go and I want to know how I missed this!! Just called Roy at the store - BRING HOME CORN!!!

Grilled Fresh Corn in Spicy Lime Dressing
#69, page 9 - makes 2 cups

4 ears fresh sweet corn shucked
2 tsp. vege oil
1 T. fresh lime juice
1 T. hot sauce or Tabasco
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 tsp. jalapeno, seeded, minced
1/2 tsp. sugar
Salt & ppper to taste
Crumble queso fresco

Coat corn with oil and grill until lightly charred, turning frequently, 10-15 min.

Whisk lime juice, hot sauce, cilantro, jalapeno, sugar, salt and pepper together in a bowl while corn grills. Allow corn to cool slightly, then slice kernels off cob and toss in dressing to coat. Garnish with cheese.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: need recipe from issue 69 please! by cjs (Here you go and I wa...)
Oh Jean, I am forever indebted to you.....again! Thank you so much. I love the corn this way and will even just snack on it if we have any leftover.
Theresa

Re: Re: need recipe from issue 69 please! by chef_Tab (Oh Jean, I am foreve...)
you are welcome and I'm making it tomorrow night!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: need recipe from issue 69 please! by cjs (you are welcome and ...)
I usually grill extra just so I can make this.
Theresa

Re: Re: need recipe from issue 69 please! by chef_Tab (I usually grill extr...)
Oh my, this is my favorite of the week!!! I can't stay out of this corn - it's like having a pumpkin pie in the fridge, I have to have a slice each time I go by. I'm ready to leave a spoon in the corn dish!!

Thanks for needing the recipe, Theresa!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: need recipe from issue 69 please! by cjs (Oh my, this is my fa...)
I made it last night too - well sort of.

Grilled the corn, made the dressing but didn't have quite enough cillantro - hubby would have liked it, but I LIKE cillantro. And didn't have Queso so used fresh mozzarella and added some halved cherry tomatoes from my garden.

It was delicioius! Thanks for brining this one up.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: need recipe from issue 69 please! by esgunn (I made it last night...)
Oh - I forgot, I didn't have Queso, either, so subbed feta - Yum!! I guess we both kind of made it.
www.achefsjourney.com