Sunday Dinner - Aug. 31st?
  Re: (...)
What's everyone up to?

All I know is we're having zucchini cakes with the diavolo sauce and grilled pineapple and cantaloupe....and of course, champagne for brunch.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner - Aug. 31st? by cjs (What's everyone up t...)
I've got freezing to do today and MUST work on the school web page, so it's a good thing we always have burgers on Sunday evening! A new twist on them today though....I found the flat sandwich bread someone talked about a while back! I'm looking forward to trying them! A lot of times I won't even have a bun, but I miss the crunch of the toasted bread. This should satisfy that need without all that bread...they're whole wheat as well! I need to look back...I think the poster said they freeze well. I hope so. There's quite a few in a pack!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner - Aug. 31st? by Gourmet_Mom (I've got freezing to...)
My husband is making baby back ribs and I'll do the corn on the cob and baked potatoes. Easy for a lazy Sunday. We were at the beach for 8 hours yesterday and I'm still wiped out (and burnt).
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner - Aug. 31st? by Trixxee (My husband is making...)
Everything I need for salsa is so beautiful in the garden, that I just have to do something Mexican - probably shrimp tostados.

Daphne, I forgot about that bread again - I was going to look for it and now I don't remember what it was. I know I carried a note around for a while...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner - Aug. 31st? by cjs (Everything I need fo...)
Jean - Out here they are by Oroweat - and they are called Sandwich Thins - they come in whole wheat or multi grain. I prefer the multi grain. It is the only bread I eat anymore for sandwiches, egg sandwiches or hamburgers (for myself). The kids eat them for hamburgers and egg sandwiches.

We are having grilled salmon, salad and scaloped potatoes. With lemon ginger creme brulee for dessert.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner - Aug. 31st? by esgunn (Jean - Out here they...)
And here's a picture...I need visuals or I won't remember...LOL!

[Image: DSC_0578b.JPG]
Daphne
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner - Aug. 31st? by Gourmet_Mom (And here's a picture...)
O.K., I'll take the pix and the notes with me!! they sure look good. thanks you all.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner - Aug. 31st? by cjs (O.K., I'll take the ...)
Yipee! I finally found the Sandwich Thins at Costco today! They look great. Anxious to try them and Roy is in heaven, he always complains about all the bread in regular buns - how he ever married this bread freak I'll never know.

Thanks guys for continuing to describe them for me until I got the picture.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner - Aug. 31st? by cjs (Yipee! I finally fou...)
Roy's going to LOVE these things! And they toast beautifully!
Daphne