$500 per plate dinner tonight
  Re: (...)
As a work assignment for Hubby, we *have to* attend the Athletic Assn's fundraiser tonight. Cost is $500 per person. Lots of former Illinois athletes will be there. Had to quickly get a new dress because I didn't have anything appropriate that fit (happy problem! ). So, I'll let you know what people in the midwest think qualifies for a meal at that crazy price tomorrow.
  Re: $500 per plate dinner tonight by HomeCulinarian (As a work assignment...)
Oh boy, are we anxious to hear the menu!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: $500 per plate dinner tonight by cjs (Oh boy, are we anxio...)
Must be Kobe beef, Iranian caviar, truffled rissoto, with Dom Perinone (sp?), and a '45 Petrus.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: $500 per plate dinner tonight by HomeCulinarian (As a work assignment...)
Oooh how fun...hope it's not chicken!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: $500 per plate dinner tonight by esgunn (Oooh how fun...hope ...)
You know, the funny thing is, sometimes the more expensive the event, the smaller the food is. It works for me, but not always for Ron. Hope you have a wonderful time and like the others, I'll be waiting to hear about the menu.

Congratulations on needing a new dress!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: $500 per plate dinner tonight by Mare749 (You know, the funny ...)
Congrats on the dress and the experience! I hope it's worth it!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: $500 per plate dinner tonight by Gourmet_Mom (Congrats on the dres...)
So, here is what we had.... We thought it was very good, but no Iranian caviar to be found. The fundraiser was for Deron Williams' foundation. I had the photographer take a picture of me with him, so when I get that, I'll post it too.
[Image: th_withDeron.jpg]
[Image: Mobilepictures111.jpg]" /> [Image: Mobilepictures108.jpg]" /> [Image: Mobilepictures110.jpg]" />
[Image: Mobilepictures109.jpg]" />
  Re: Re: $500 per plate dinner tonight by HomeCulinarian (So, here is what we ...)
Hmmmmm, $500.00 - three courses? At least they got lots of $$$$ for the pot. Nice selection of course offerings, tho.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: $500 per plate dinner tonight by cjs (Hmmmmm, $500.00 - th...)
Yes, it does look mighty tasty. Hope you had fun.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: $500 per plate dinner tonight by Mare749 (Yes, it does look mi...)
That dessert looked scrumptious! I'm sure glad you guys had a good time